edited November 2021 in General Support
Hello everybody ,

I am encountering several problems regarding the player spawn. I specify that I have already followed the "how to" for 2D and also the tutorial concerning this part but planned for the 3d.
Either I want to do a top down RPG and I encounter two problems after the spawn or my character crosses the ground because via ORK which creates the commands that prevents me from putting one (conflict) or I put a rigidbody and after the spawn event I have the right to a black screen probably due to the fact that ORK cannot create the commands.
Some could give me step by step what to do and not refer me to the tutorial that I have already done several times. I have been taking my head on this for more than 2 hours ^^ "
Post edited by omeegaa on
  • When loading a scene results in a black screen, it's most likely a wrong screen fade setup. E.g. instead of fading in to 0 alpha value, you fade to a full alpha value. Depending on where the scene load happens (e.g. new game or via scene changer) the settings can be either in the Menus > Main Menu settings or in the Scene Changer component's settings.

Generally, keep in mind to not mix 2D and 3D colliders and rigidbodies - they don't interact with each other.
    Which player/camera controls are you using? Some of ORK's built-in player controls require a Character Controller, which is a 3D component and doesn't interact with 2D colliders or rigidbodies, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the answers but it was a camera problem looking for z xis or something like that.Obviously its all 2d so Ork bugged and didn't load the scene.
    I have since solved both of my issues with a lot of camera setup and a rigidbody in place of the player controller (after all it's a 2D game).
    For those who would encounter this problem there is a 2D topdown mode in the players controls quite simply then other parameters to modify to block all the rotations.
    It's pretty tricky to make it work in 2D but seems great once the "beast" is under control ^^