ok I am trying to re set up a test game the same way the tutorial game is set up, except in 2d, the first few steps work, i get go from the main menu into the first scene i create (or town if you will) the problem I am running into, I am using a custom script for character movement and physics and another for the camera to follow the player, when I drag my prefab under combatants like you would in the tutorial and try to make a spawn point, the character never spawns? and I looked in the prefab of the tutorial character and didn't see any kind of script attached and have mine set up fairly similar, so I was wondering where I went wrong? or if there is a certain way I need to set up my custom movement/camera scripts with ORK or if there is a script that needs to be on my player? cause i can't seem to get my player to spawn, (following the method shown in the tutorial) and the scene change doesn't work and I tried adding a 2d event interaction and my guy just runs right thru it?(and I changed the collider to 2d and checked trigger) any suggestions? love how simple this system is I just wish it was as easy for 2D especially the scene changer, even if you guys can't help love the software and its an amazing tool.
  • Are you sure your player doesn't spawn (i.e. he isn't in the Unity scene hierarchy), maybe he is falling through the ground? Also, for 2D trigger/collider stuff to work, you need to have a 2D collider on both objects (e.g. the CharacterController doesn't work with 2D AFAIK), and a Rigidbody2D on one of them.
    Without having your project I can't really tell what's wrong :)

The tutorial uses ORK's built-in controls which are automatically added to the player. When using custom controls, I'd recommend looking into this how to. Basically, It's crucial to let ORK know your own control scripts, since it needs to enable/disable them at certain times in the game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much, I must have missed a step, I was just making sure there was nothing I needed to add to my Player script, or my camera script, that was the same how to I followed, but there was another that spoke of having to add some things to the script and I was making sure I didn't need to do this, you have been very helpful! I will start fresh and re check my steps!
  • edited July 2014
    ok, first off my character is spawning! thanks for shedding some light on my problem,

EDIT: with my camera script I got it working but the problem is, there is a public variable that has been added called Target: and on the game object this is where you would drag the player so the camera follows it, but in ORK the script spawns with the camera in the scene and you can't edit it that way, is there a way I can tell ORK to add the player to that field of the script? when I just add the script to the camera in the scene and then add the target (my player) it doesn't work at all, but If i let ORK do it it works but wont follow the player, because there is no way for me to tell it to, I hope that makes sense haha.

EDIT2: I found the section in Base/Controls under custom camera called set field, if i click on this it gives me the option to add a float int vector2 etc, what I need is to add a public transform, that transform field is where I put my player so the camera can follow, is it possible to add a public transform?

please help if you can!
    Post edited by MrManza on
  • edited July 2014
    You need to edit/modify your custom camera script so that it can target an instantiated object (the player/target) rather than an object that is already present in the scene.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • thanks kirb thats what I figured, I love your game BTW its looking really good, I like the whisp type character you have following they player!
  • Thanks! :) Just got all of the wisp's movement logic implemented so he moves around on his own, too.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • You can get the player's game object with this code:

GameObject player = ORK.Game.GetPlayer();

Just use that in your camera control (or wherever you need access to the player's object) and you'll always get the player, even when you change him :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • thanks! you guys are super helpful, I adjusted the height to 0 and it works just like my script did! but I will try the code to so I can learn!