Using a custom first person controller, I did the easy thing first. Just used a plane and object footstep source.
For the materials I just used the default walk, run, land (no jump sound). (no sprint used)
Set the footstepper to autoplay and I have sounds on 4 different test materials on the planes.
However when I jump I get no sound on landing, I added a jump sound in case it needed 1 and no jump or landing played.
The Ray distance is set to 1 (any lower and the sound never changes when I change material surfaces).

What other info would you like or suggestions do you have?
(Need the sound, my trigger collider expands on landing to alert nearby enemies so the player needs to know they made a noise!)
  • edited December 2021
    Auto Play only plays movement (walk, run, sprint) footsteps, jump and land need to be played by your control component.

E.g. in the Footstepper demo, the RigidbodyFirstPersonController uses the game object's Footstepper component to play the footsteps using the Jump and Land functions.
    Or, when you in the future use a player (or whatever else should make footsteps) with animations, you can also handle that via animation events.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!