edited July 2014 in ORK Support
Ran into a few issues, that I'm not sure if it's me missing something or if it's missing from the framework.

One thing I ran into was if I use a combatant spawner to start a battle the combatants will look at each other. This makes all combatants turn in 2D where they are no longer facing the camera. There seems to be a work around if I use a battle component instead where I can uncheck look at enemies but any sprite I have with the battle component shows up in the center of the battle.

The other thing is it doesn't seem possible to click to interact with events or combatants without a character controller. The character controller doesn't work with 2D physics. I can work around it by not using the 2D physics on npcs and enemy combatants but trying to click on a player in battle that has a rigidbody2D and 2D collider doesn't work.
  • edited July 2014
    Combatant spawners allow selecting an object with a Battle component to be used if you need other settings than the default ones.

Make sure the click isn't blocked by other objects, i.e. the object should be nearest to the camera on the Z axis. Click interaction uses Unity's OnMouseUp to detect the click - so it's pretty straight forward :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Combatant spawner is working beautifully now. Thanks.

My NPC was on the same z as the bg so that was preventing the click.
    Still can't click on a combatant in battle though. Battle spots are brought closer to the camera and the action just cancels out when I click on the combatant. The clickable NPC and non clickable combatant are set up the same with a 2d box collider set to trigger.
  • What exactly should happen when you click on it, do you have an event or are you using clicks to select a target?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yea just selecting the target.
  • Ok, I see what's going on - the raycasts used for that mechanic use 3d raycasts ...
    I guess there's need for a new setting to select if raycasts should be 3d or 2d :)