edited December 2021 in ORK Support
Hi!

Total noob here, still learning how Ork works. Bought it and started to play around with it and it looks awesome!

I'm trying to figure out what kind of gameplay I'll be able to create with Ork, and I have a few questions. (I checked the tutorials and the forums, and couldn't find what I'm looking for... I apologize in advance if my questions are already covered elswhere)

(These questions are for phase or turn based battles)

1- Is it possible to make a skill that pushes or pull other combatants? For example, an ability that deals damage to an enemy and pushes it in a straight line 3 tiles away (or less, if there's another combatant or osbtacle in the path).

2- Is it possible to make a skill that includes movement and an effect (the movement part being different from the basic movement action)? For example, create an ability that has a character move up to 3 tiles, then cast a status on self that will increase their defense. Or another example, an ability like ''hit and run'': strike an enemy then move up to 3 tiles away.

(I guess no.2 could be achieved via movement cost, and having a skill give movement points to allow additional movement... just thinking out loud... It's really question no.1 that eludes me...)

Thank you :)
Post edited by max_power on
  • edited December 2021
    Yes, there is a move object event node that gives you plenty of control over who, what, and how the object moves.

And yes, using battle events you can set up very elaborate outputs. Play animations, move/scale/rotate objects, play sounds/music, spawn or delete objects... ext
    This is done by assigning the battle event to the ability in the "Battle event" section of the abilities details.

Ork has pretty much everything you need to make a quality RPG, action or turn based, no doubt.
    Post edited by Wrofir on
    Miuratale : coming 2024
    Miuratale
  • Oh I see! I'll play around with the battle events. I was looking at the abilities in the status tab when I wrote this post, but I guess I'll be able to link abilities with battle events to create those effects.

Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated! :)
  • As @Wrofir already said, this can be handled by the battle events animating your abilities (or items).
    The ability/item setup mainly regulates status changes, e.g. damage/healing, use costs, etc. - i.e. what happens when the outcome is calcualted.

For everything more, e.g. moving (e.g. pushing or pulling) a target or capturing it (e.g. Pokemon), you can use battle events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks Gil! I'll play around with the battle events features.