Hi,

Can anybody help advise me on how to set up an ability similar to Mark or Challenge, like maintaining Aggro.
I'm calling the ability Engage in my game.
Basically if I do an ability that adds the Engage status effect on the target I want this to be the effect.
The engaged combatant will suffer penalties to attack and damage if not attacking the combatant that cast Engage on them.
This could also trigger things like the engaged combatant taking damage or prompting an attack from the caster of engage.

I hope that tracks well.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks!
  • Hm, is this in ORK 2 or ORK 3 (beta)?

Generally, you can check for the status effect being applied via the Check Status node (e.g. in formulas or events/schematics) and handle things based on that, like giving bonus or penalties to the calculation.

Only doing this on the combatant who cast the effect on them is currently not possible. I'll look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'd be really interested in this as well. I'd like to make a taunt move that gives to hitting other targets until they attack the tank.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • Thanks for the quick response!

I'm currently on ORK 2 but definitely plan on moving to ORK 3 when it's out of Beta.

Only doing this on the combatant who cast the effect on them is a definite must for this ability to work as intended.

I'll keep seeing if I can figure something out with it.
    May be a cool feature for ORK 3 though!

Thanks again!
  • Next ORK 3 beta will add some new nodes for formulas, battle AI and schematics (they replace the event system in ORK 3) to check if a combatant added the effect. Will look into adding it for ORK 2 as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That's great news!
    Thanks for knocking that out and so quick!
    How long until you think ORK 3 is out of Beta?
    I saw another post that mentioned around end of January.
    I'm not wanting to deal with the breaking changes at this point is all.
    But I'm excited to make the move
  • If the Asset Store plays along, ORK 3 will release on January 31 :)