Why can't I call BattleEvent from BattleAi?

It's hard to make every action, move, wait, etc. all Ability.

For example, it's very difficult to create an enemy AI for a real time battle like "move to x-axis for 3 seconds, wait for 2 seconds and fire a fireball".
I'm not sure if I'm making it right or not.
Or am I making it wrong?
I've read all the tutorials and HowTos, but there is no detailed description of this problem.
The one about movement is
  • Battle AIs are purely for decision making, i.e. selecting actions - not animating or moving anything.

For real time battles, movement is usually controlled by the move AI. You can also use game events on your combatants to do things (including selecting actions via battle AIs using the Use Battle Action node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    gamingislove said: (including selecting actions via battle AIs using the Use Battle Action node).
    I don't understand this.
    I don't understand how it is supposed to be used.
    Can you please explain in more detail?
    Is there a tutorial or thread or HowTo or some other place that talks about this example?

I looked at the [Use Battle Action] node in BattleEvent.
    There is a [Battle AI] in Action Origin.
    Does it work with this?

I don't understand the meaning of Action Origin.
    Set [Ability A] to "Use Battle Action" in BattleEvent and execute [Ability B] in Use Battle Action node.
    If you run Add-Action-Ability-[Ability A] from Battle AI, it will actually select [Ability B].
    Is that what you mean?

I'm not sure why you would want to do it this way.
    What kind of situation is the ActionOrigin "Battle AI" in Use Battle Action supposed to be?

I even did a google search on the following, but there is no info on it.
    "use battle action" action "origin" site:gamingislove.com

Post edited by joeee19 on
  • The Use Battle Action node in game events is used to either use an action or set a combatant's next action (when it's their time to select an action).

The Action Origin setting defines how the action that should be used is defined. It can use one of the following origins/sources for the action:
    - Define: you set up which action to use (e.g. a base attack or a defined ability)
    - Battle AI: the combatant's battle AI is used to select an action
    - Selected Data: an ability or item previously stored in selected data is used

The Add Action setting defines when the action is used:
    - Try: tries to use the action immediately, but that might fail due to the current state of the combatant or battle (e.g. combatant already in action, not the combatant's turn, etc.)
    - Next Action: adds the action to the combatant to be selected the next time they can choose an action (i.e. it's their turn)
    - Sub Action: uses the action immediately as a sub-action of an already ongoing action (only used when part of battle events), e.g. to have a target (or user) do another action without disrupting the turn order

In real time battles, the Try add action selection should usually be the best choice, or, if e.g. used in a Turn Start event (i.e. what the combatant does at the start of their turn), the Next Action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!