It didn't really go over in depth in the tutorials, but how do you make item and ability tooltips?
Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • I'll add a detailed tutorial in the future, for now:

This works like the other HUDs, i.e.
    - create a HUD via the context menu
    - add Status Content (e.g. via context menu: ORK Framework > HUD > Content > Status Text+Icon Content) to display content information of whatever your tooltip displays

The ORK HUD Status Text Content has different status types to display, e.g. the generic Shortcut type has a lot of general text codes like quantity, prices, etc. to display. There are also specialized types, e.g. Item or Ability - and if the tooltip doesn't displa an item or ability, it'll simply not display anything in that case.

So, you can add multiple status contents to your HUD, e.g. to add various information based on what's displayed.

There is also the HUD Condition component that can be used to enable/disable a game object (of a HUD) based on defined conditions. You can e.g. use this to enable/disable background images (on separate game objects) based on a rarity variable of the displayed item (variable origin Local).

The HUD is added like any other HUD, i.e. via UI > HUDs, using the Tooltip HUD type. You can also add checks to the HUD to only display it for defined tooltips, e.g. abilities or items, and use that to setup different HUDs for different content.

One more thing to keep in mind: Your menus (and other content) has to enable showing tooltips :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Here, wrote a tooltip HUD tutorial for you :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Here, wrote a tooltip HUD tutorial for you :)
    You're a true champion.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG