For some reason, TagMachine, which is supposed to run only once, is looping twice.
I have created a minimal TagMachine for testing and cannot figure out why.
Using ORKSchematicsDebug, the call appears to be made only once, but it seems to be looping twice internally.
Here is a screenshot of the setup.
https://imgur.com/a/VCXzHHk

A comparison of the Console trace log between the first and second time showed the following
https://difff.jp/przd4.html

The difference is this.
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.StartTaggedMachineNode/Runtime:CheckEnd (bool)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.StartTaggedMachineNode/Runtime:Continue ()
StartTaggedMachineNode:Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.)

Why does it loop?
  • With your current setup, the tagged machine will be started for each combination of the set up machine object and starting object.

If e.g. the Machine Object or Starting Object of the original schematic has more than 1 game object, it'll be used multiple times.

E.g. starting object having 2 game objects will use it twice.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    I am very confused.
    What is the difference between this example and this one?
    orkframework.com/guide/tutorials/3d-action-rpg/04-player-attacks/#:~:text=Object%20(Machine%20Object)-,Select%C2%A0Starting%20Object.,-The%C2%A0Starting%20Object

Which setting should I change to make Ability's TargetObject (=StartingObject) run TaggedMachine only once?

By the way, adding a [Wait] node to the last node of the Schematics on the TaggedMachine side with 0second resulted in a one-time execution.
    I do not know the reason for this either. And since it is not a root solution, I think it will create another bug.

StartingObject (=TargetObject) has only one TaggedMachine for PickUp on rootObject.
    The other TaggedMachine for Put is also set.
    Deleting the TaggedMachine of Put did not change the result.
    There is no TaggedMachine set for any of the child objects.

------- Comment Add ---------
    I have tried everything, but it seems to occur when Auto Target Only is On in ControlMap.
    However, if I turn it off,Target is no longer selected and the action will not occur when there is no Target.
    I want the action to be triggered because I have Schematics conditional branching to drop the equipment when there is no Target.

Q2:
    I don't understand the help text for AutoTargetOnly in ControlMap.
    It says "Only use auto target for abilities/items that have 'Use Auto Target' enabled in their settings."
    →Where does "in their settings." refer to?
    There is no Auto Target setting in the Ability Setting.
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • joeee19 said: What is the difference between this example and this one?
    It depends on what is the Starting Object.
    E.g. an ability targeting a single target will have that one target as the Starting Object, but an ability targeting a group will have all targets in the Starting Object.

Can you give me more information on where the schematic is used? E.g. if it's the battle animation of an ability, what is the target selection settings of the ability (e.g. target range)?
    joeee19 said: →Where does "in their settings." refer to?
    There is no Auto Target setting in the Ability Setting.
    They can be found in the Target Selection Settings > Conditions > Auto Target Conditions of abilities and items.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    gamingislove said: an you give me more information on where the schematic is used? E.g. if it's the battle animation of an ability, what is the target selection settings of the ability (e.g. target range)?
    Here is a screenshot of the settings.
    https://imgur.com/a/8D0dO8C

Target Range is [none].
    We want to highlight the Target before the Action is triggered, so we are assuming IndividualTarget.
    Schematics is used as battle animation for Ability.

The desired Ability behavior is, in essence, like OverCook2 or PlateUp's HandKey(SpaceKey).
    https://youtu.be/ipGCuSBc_TQ?t=359

1:Usable with or without Target
    2:In Combatant Trigger in Schematics to branch the process
    3:If there is a Target, I want to process it as Single, not Group.
    4:Toggle Drop and PickUp with one controller button (A button).
    If there is no Target (e.g. Counter facility), it will Drop to the floor on the spot.
    (If you can only place things on the Counter, there is a serious game-balancing problem, such as not having enough Counters).
    5:I want to highlight the mesh of Target (Facility) even with IndividualTarget (Not a Cursol Prefab).

Since 3: is Single, if Ability's Target Range is set to Single, the case where 1: [without Target] will not be triggered.

Could it be that if there is no Target of 1, I should use the same InputKey in ControlMap to separate the Ability, and the dedicated Ability with no Target should be the last ControlKey?
    Post edited by joeee19 on
  • Hm, yes - using 2 separate abilities is probably the better solution.
    Your current setup will most likely result in always having a target.
  • I would like to understand how it works, why is Schematics happening twice by Range=None?
    TargetCursolPrefab is only showing one, so I don't understand how it is working twice, even though Target appears to be one.
    Like looking at the contents of a variable in Mono debugging, I cannot understand what is happening because I can only see what state Target is in now in the cursor prefab.
  • How is the ability used?
    E.g. via control maps - what's the control map key setup? What's the used input key's setup?
  • Alright, was finally able to recreate this issue with your complete setup.

Seems like it's related to using the cursor over target from the control map - it uses the combatant under the cursor and also it's game object as raycast object, having the schematic use both as Starting Object.
    Will be fixed in the next update.