edited July 2014 in ORK Support
I having a hard time understanding how to get my battles set up... again, maybe its because i am following the tutorials but i keep seeing "battle menu" and turn base and all i want is to wire my keyboard/gamepad to certain actions in ORK and when the player is in line of sight of enemy AI they attack very much how borderlands/skyrim/fallout 3/fallout new vegas works all actions will be keyboard/gamepad based no onscreen battle menus needed....

Is this something i have to figure out for myself?

• edited July 2014
    Did you look at the Real Time Battles tutorial? Am working my way there. You have to set up the general stuff first.

Tutorial 33 Real Time Battles

You have to set up the things mentioned there yourself.

I think you can set up a key to attack but not 100% sure yet as working my way there. : ) How to do this on mobile I also don't know yet.

I and my players also don't like onscreen battle menus. We like keys or buttons (on mobile) to attack. In ORK 1 had to live with a basic menu in mobile but it wasn't bad. Hoping to get away from that here. Not sure yet if it's possible in Real Time Battles.

The beginning of the tute says you can style your battles to be anything between button smashing and menu driven. Am hoping for a simple button smashing. I'd think if you can do button smashing you could do key smashing. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited July 2014
    I don't see in the tutorial however how to set up a button (or key) to attack. Or how to set up a button to use a spell or skill. Maybe that's set out someplace else? This is my battle bread and butter.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Like catacomber said - that's all covered in the game tutorials (mostly in 31-33, but the move AI stuff from 30 is also useful).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok my apologies i must of over looked those i guess my main concern is is the input, still working that out on how to do it since i have alot of abilities i would want to do things like(xbox controller lingo): hold Left Bumper (LB) and press square for a fire ball or, hole Left Trigger(LT) to aim and right trigger (RT) to shoot just trying to get these things set up i feel much better when i do
  • That can be done with Input Keys and Control Maps.

The input keys can (beside the normal input) also be used for key combos (input origin Key Combo) or things combining keys (input origin ORK Input Key).
    Control maps are used to bind actions to input keys :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks gamingislove im just so use to coding in C# out the box taking some getting used to with ork but its the perfect tol for a one man team which is why im using it cuts down my programming to almost half the time if that and i can focus on the art
  • So when you say ORK input KEY can be used to bind keys together you mean for example, if i want to do a throwing move i can use that to method for two inputs? e.g square and X?/

also clarify for me if i want to set up input so that keyboard is used or gamepad and maybe disable one or the other in a settings menu possible? in ORK i mean.
  • First, you need to create input keys for each input you want to use (e.g. in your case one for square and one for X).
    Now, you create another input key with input origin ORK Input Key, set Needed to All and add your two input keys. This input key will now trigger if both used inputs are triggered.

Currently you can't deactivate inputs via some settings in-game (but you can block inputs with the event system). By using inputs from the Unity input manager you can fall back to Unity's input logic for that.