edited March 2022 in ORK Support
Q1. i have set "equipment" as an ingredient in a recipe.
Is there any way to set the status of the equipment as a condition for the recipe?

In my game, for example, "Food" is "Equipment" (EquipmentViewer shows what you have, so it is Euipment, not Item).
There is a FoodState, and the State can be, for example
Raw, Chopped, Baked, Charred, and
exists.
For example, in the case of a recipe for "whole baked honey apples," only "baked" ingredients are considered ingredients. Raw, chopped, and charred are not eligible.

In the current ORK, there are two (?) ways to try to express this. There are two ways to do this.
1: Divide by the level of equipment (e.g., Lv 1: raw apple, Lv 2: baked apple, Lv 3: chopped apple, etc.).
→In this case, the recipe uses only Lv 2 baked apples but Lv3 chopped apple wants to exclude it but can't.
2: Divide by the status of the equipment itself (baked apples, chopped apples, charred apples, etc.).
→ In this case, the number of items would increase by the number of statuses, which is simply too huge.
3: Create a conditional branch in the "pre-craft schematic" and cancel the craft if false.
→ Is it currently possible to cancel crafting in ORK3? (Q1-2)

Q2: Can we consider setting equipment variables as conditions for recipe ingredients as well?

Q3: Could you please add the ability to set Enum to the type of variable as a feature that is greatly lacking to begin with?
I want to represent FoodState as a Variable in Equipment, but I can only use Bool or int as Variable.
I think the most suitable one is FoodType(=Enum).
If we try to use int instead of Enum, it will be a magic number, which is difficult to maintain and is likely to induce mistakes and bugs later on.
In the case of Bool, there would simply be too many flags.
Post edited by joeee19 on
  • 1) Yeah ... the system wasn't meant for something like this. Different items (raw apple, chopped apple, etc.) should be different items/equipment.

2) I'll look into it.

3) You can also use string variables.
    Enum variables are currently not planned and I don't think this is technically possible.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    gamingislove said: I don't think this is technically possible.
    Technically, I think we can already handle this with StatusType, ItemType, etc.
    For example, I think it is just a matter of creating an item called [Base/Control]-[Global Custom Variable Types].
    The function is an item like [Status Types].
    It can be nested with "is Sub Type".

The [Global Custom Variable Type] can be assigned to Variable of Item/Equipment.
    It could be used for Combatant Variable and all other Variables.

Create a new Folk Node with this.

This feature would make it easier to create a unique system that could be applied to any custom game.
    What is even better than Enum is that it can be rearranged at will afterwards.

In the case of String, the following problems arise
    1: If a string is mistyped, it will malfunction and you will likely not notice the bug because it will not cause an error.
    2:If the string is changed later, batch replacement is not possible.
    gamingislove said: should be different items/equipment.
    Understood.
    I asked the question because I thought some useful method might be envisioned.

There are going to be a number of them, but we will keep it simple here and separate Equipment according to the state of everything.
    Post edited by joeee19 on