Mecanim is killing me. But I need to use it cause I have a real time arpg. However I'm running into an issue.

I have a basic barehand locomotion subset and then one for my other weapon types. I have it set so that it sotches animation sets when a weapon is equipped. I recently decided to switch to a WASD layout cause point and click navmesh is driving me.

However, now I have an issue where my animator is all jittery as it keeps trying to switch between the default locomotion and the weapon one. I have no idea why.

Speed is set as the horizontal speed (using Root Motion Button). Which is what the default locomotion uses just like the 3d Action demo. Then I have it set as like Spearspeed for the horizontal movement on the weapons

But that doesn't seem to work. I'm thinking I'll have to add the weapons as animation overrides. However I don't see a node for it.

Help?
Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • I don't think there's currently a node to change the animator controller of an Animator component.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • So to confirm, there isn't any way to change Animator Overrides in Ork?
  • Currently not.

Next update will add new options to ORK's animations (and a node) to change the animator controller of an Animator component, i.e. you can switch out the controller for a different animator controller or animator override controller.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Next update will add new options to ORK's animations (and a node) to change the animator controller of an Animator component, i.e. you can switch out the controller for a different animator controller or animator override controller
    Nice! Looking forward to the extra options.