edited May 2022 in General Support
Hello GiL so I started up learning ORK again and came across this issue while setting up the Status Values tutorials

Couldn't add object to asset file because the MonoBehaviour '5 - Weapon Damage
' is already an asset at ''!
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorDataHandler:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:SaveData ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.ProjectSaveHandler:ShowGUI ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI ()
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

An issue occured while saving 5 - Weapon Damage
: Creating asset at path Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/Status Value/5 - Weapon Damage
.asset failed.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(UnityEngine.Object,string)
at GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1[T].SaveChanges (System.Boolean encrypt, System.String dataPath, System.Boolean saveAssetDatabase, System.String saveTime) [0x001c8] in :0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.EditorDataHandler:SaveChanges (bool,string,bool,string)

Couldn't add object to asset file because the MonoBehaviour '10 - Agility
' is already an asset at ''!
UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()

An issue occured while saving 10 - Agility
: Creating asset at path Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/Status Value/10 - Agility
.asset failed.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.AssetDatabase.CreateAsset(UnityEngine.Object,string)
at GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.GenericAssetList`1[T].SaveChanges (System.Boolean encrypt, System.String dataPath, System.Boolean saveAssetDatabase, System.String saveTime) [0x001c8] in :0
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)

while looking into it, I thought maybe the GUID might just need to be adjusted because most of them just say the short name for the GUID but I have no idea what GUID even means so i dont want to change something and make it worse.
Any help is much appreciated.

So after continuing in the tutorial I can see that this is going to hamper me following the tutorial because they did not save and Anything i hooked them too yesterday is gone because of closing up shop and turning everything off.
I'm going to try re entering that info maybe it was a minor glitch yesterday and will save it this time.

Huh, Well I believe it fixed itself. Idk what it was but restarting it must have done it because they got saved this time.
Post edited by BigBen on
  • Did you recently change Unity versions?

This seems to be a Unity issue that can happen when changing Unity versions in a project. Deleting the Library folder in your Unity project's folder should solve this - Unity will reimport everything and fix those GUID issues.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!