edited July 2014 in ORK Support
Do i still need to add the battle to the scene even if majority of the confrontation isn't "scripted" i guess in a game, everything is scripted but i want the encounters to be based on sight and faction only pretty much i dont want you to HAVE to fight because you step into that zone
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited July 2014
    What kind of battle system are you using? I just flew through reading some of the posts here and I think you don't have to fight a combatant if it's friendly. I think the rest depends on how you set up your battles.

If you're using Real Time Battles you have the choice, I think, of either setting up a Battle Area in the scene or

using the Battle Component, have a single battle at a time.

I don't know if there's a tutorial on doing that. Haven't gotten there yet but I like the idea.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • No, you don't need to place a Battle component/object for each battle - you can use Combatant Spawners to spawn your combatants in the scene. A battle will automatically start if the player comes within the enemy's Battle Range (defined in the combatant's settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok nice thats what im talking about thanks GIL and might i say i cant wait for 2.1.4!