edited August 2014 in ORK Support
I have the default animation setup.
I have Legacy checked as these are legacy animations on the model.
I verified that the name of the animation from the model matched the animation name setting in ORK.
I checked 'Use Auto Animation' on the combatant's Animations & Movement setting.
I have the Set Layer checked and set to layer 0 for Walk, Idle, and Run animations

My problem, the idle and walk animations do not play. I can force the idle to play by checking 'play automatically' on the model. My damage, attack, and death animations work just fine during the battle events.

Are there any other settings I may be overlooking? Or, am I just setting this up incorrectly.

Thanks for any insight.
  • I think you should have idle and walk/run on different layers, e.g. idle on -1, walk and run on 0.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2014
    Still a no go on animation.
    Here are my layer settings in the Base Control => Animations tab for the Default animation list (renamed to Normal) all set to Cross Fade and stop same layer

I am using an AIMover to move the mob around. It is using a NavMeshAgent. The Enable Random Patrol is checked.
    Not working
    walk 0
    run 0

Working
    idle -1
    death 2
    damage 1
    attack 2

I'm stumped :)
    Oh, and I know the animations work as I've used this model in a Non-ORK project without issues.
    Post edited by keyboardcowboy on
  • Ok, I think that will have something to do with your combatant game object's component setup.
    The speed used for the auto move animation is determined by the Combatant Component (which is automatically added to the combatant by ORK). If there is a Character Controller added, it will use the controller's velocity for the speed. If there is a Rigidbody added, it uses that (if no character controller is present). Otherwise it uses the change to the last position.
    So, if your combatant is moved through the NavMeshAgent and there is a character controller or rigidbody added, it wont get the speed because it's not moved through them :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Gil,
    IF you don't mind, I may need to send you my project :)

I removed the rigidbody that was attached. Still no walk animation.
    I put the rigidbody back on and set the mover to Default instead of NavMeshAgent, still no go.
    All other animations are working.
    I'm beyond stumped now. Anyway to debug this?
  • Send it to me, I guess that's the fastest way to see what's going on :)