edited August 2014 in ORK Support
Hello,

I recently bought ORK and I have been toying with the tutorial resources included in the project to familiarize myself with the framework.

It is going well so far and I am very pleased with all the possibilities that ORK offers. However I encountered a small issue that I cannot seem to solve.

I added multiple members to the Active Group by modifying the start event of the project. It works fine and when I press escape I can see the different group members (works also in battle).

However, when saving and loading a game, I can see that the prefabs of the additional group members are spawned in the current scene (at their prefab positions). This does not happen when starting a new game or moving to a new scene.

I would like for only 1 member (the "leader" of the party) to show up in non-battle phase.
I must be doing something wrong seeing I just started using ORK but I cannot find out what.

Do you have an idea as to why it does that? And how to prevent it?

Thanks for your time.
  • I suppose checking only leader box will solve your problem. :)
    Sorry but i can't remember where is it, maybe general game settings.. If you cannot find it i will be back in a couple of hours from work and i will tell you exactly.

Btw, welcome among ORK- addicted! ^_^
  • Hello Kaemalux,

Thanks a lot for your warm welcome :-)

Unfortunately the only options I found in game settings that seemed relevant were "Spawn Group" and "Only in Battles" but they are both unchecked. I tried checking the "Only in battles" option but the other group members are still spawning after loading a game!
  • Oh sorry... On mobile i didn't read carefully your question: that is an issue i already told to GiL, i have a similar problem as i need the group member spawned for an event even if i don't want to see them. However, if you don't check anything , and you just let them join active group, you will not see them, only the player.
    If you need, like me, member to be present for events or other stuffs, you can overcome the issue placing them at a really big distance (like 10000) where they are never rendered.
    However, which kind of battles are you performing? Turn-based, real-time?
  • I would like to perform turn-based battle Kaemalux. But that is not related to my issue (I think).

"However, if you don't check anything , and you just let them join active group, you will not see them, only the player."

My issue is that they do appear when loading my game save (in the Town scene from the tutorial).

I can see them when checking the scene, they spawn at 0,0,0 (the prefab's positions). I have no idea why and it only happens when loading a game.

But thank you anyway, I really appreciate the time you take to try and help me :-)
  • If you've saved the game with spawned members (e.g. due to the Spawn Group setting), they'll also be spawned when loading that game.
    Usually, if you're not using that setting and load a game (without those being saved), they shouldn't spawn - I'll look into it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes that is what seem to happen (unless I messed up somewhere!).

Thank you both for your help.
  • It's a bug - will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!