edited August 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Already a week since the last release?
Time to let you guys know what's coming next :D
  • HUDs: Combatant, Turn Order
    The new Equipment HUD element type is available for all HUDs involving combatants.
    It'll display a combatant's equipment parts and the equipped weapons/armors - either list all or only a selected one.
  • Game Settings Bestiary
    The equipment of enemies can now also be learned and displayed (with the new HUD element type).
  • Status Values
    Normal type status values can now use other Normal type SV to define their minimum and maximum value. The selected status value's current value will be used as minimum or maximum value.
    This allows things like flexible max values, e.g. for increasing the allowed MaxHP with special equipment.
  • Menu Screens: Status Value Upgrade
    The new option Show No Upgrade Req. will display status upgrades for status values that have upgrades, but aren't available due to requirements - can be used to e.g. display maxed out status values.
  • Event System: Function Steps
    The new Close Menu Screen step closes either a selected or all open menu screens.
  • Combatants: Movement Settings
    The Use Position Change setting forces the combatants actual speed to be calculated through the change of the combatants position each frame.
    Use this setting if you encounter problems with movement animations (which are most of the time because of the speed not being set correctly).
  • Combatants
    The Set Object Name setting will set the name of the spawned game object to the actual name of the combatant (e.g. 'Evil Pants C').
  • Battle Notifications
    The notifications (e.g. status value damage/refresh) can now also fade/blink other properties of the renderer materials or set a float - just like the fade/blink object steps in events.
  • Combatant Spawners
    The new Set Scale options allow setting the scale of spawned combatants.
  • Weapons, Armors
    The Viewer Name setting optionally allows naming the spawned equipment object on equipment viewers instead of leaving the default spawn name (e.g. 'Prefab(Clone)').
    Use this setting to unify the name of spawned equipment objects for easier child object access in events.
  • Game States
    When setting the Menu Screen game state to Yes, you'll be able to optionally add menu screens that must be opened for the state to be valid. One of the added screens has to be open.
  • Equipment Viewers
    The new Combatant in Battle option will only display equipment if the combatant itself is in battle, not only the game. The option is available when setting In Battle game state to Yes or Ignore.
    The new Start Item Collector step will start an item collector attached to an event object (e.g. an actor). The event continues after the item collection finished.
    You can use this to enhance your item collection or item boxes with additional animations, dramatic camera effects (e.g. zelda) and other stuff.
  • Event System: Spawn Steps
    The Spawn Player and Destroy Player steps can now also spawn/destroy other members of the player group.
  • Battle Settings: Auto Join
    The new Join Running Battle setting allows combatants to also join a running battle (not only at the start) when coming within range.
  • Battle System: Move AI
    When allowing the move AI, you can use the new Block In Battle setting to still block the AI of those who are fighting in battle.
    This enables you to have not participating combatants still running around (and joining the battle with auto join) while the fighting ones stand at their spots.
  • Event System
    Using Member actors of unspawned player group members can now be used for all event steps that don't require a game object (e.g. status steps).
    Previously, those steps couldn't be used with not spawned members.
  • Fade/Blink Objects
    All fading/blinking objects (e.g. battle notifications or fade/blink event steps) will now use the color property of SpriteRenderer (Unity 2D) when fading the color, instead of the material's color.
  • Variable Condition Templates
    Create templates for variable conditions in Base/Control > Variable Condition Templates in the ORK Framework editor.
    You can use those templates in other variable conditions as a single condition.
  • Variable Conditions
    The new Condition Type setting defines what a single condition will check.
    Either checks a single Variable (like it has been until now), a bunch of defined Conditions or use a variable condition Template.
    This allows creating more complex checks like '(condition1 && condition2) || condition3'.
  • Variable Conditions: float
    New float check types available. Range Inclusive checks if the current value of a float game variable is between two defined values, including the values. Range Exclusive checks if the value is between two defined values, excluding the values.
    The new Function to Variable step allows strong the return value of a called function into a game variable.
    Naturally only supports string, bool, int/float and Vector3 return values :)
  • Combatants: Battle Animations
    The new Join Battle Animation setting is used when a combatant joins a running battle (using Auto Join) to animate him going to his position. If not used, the combatant will simply be placed on his spot.
  • Battle Settings, Classes, Combatants
    You can now optionally define different battle menus for the individual battle system types.
  • Text Codes
    The new Float with Format text code allows defining a text format for the displayed float variable.
    E.g. the format 00.0 will make the value 1 to 01.0.
  • Equipment Viewers
    The new Preview settings can be used to preview a selected weapon or armor on the equipment viewer.
  • Editor
    The editor will no longer automatically close when entering play mode.
    At least in my tests that didn't cause problems any longer :)
    The new Display Requirements settings in Combatant and Turn Order HUD elements can be used to bind displaying a HUD element to status requirements and variable conditions.
  • HUDs: Display Conditions
    The Only While Key setting (available when using a toggle key) can be used to only display a HUD while the toggle key is valid (i.e. while it's pressed when using a Hold input key).
As always: more as it's coming in :)
Release end of next week.
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow, so quick and so useful! Can't wait for it!
  • Combatants: Movement Settings
    The Use Position Change setting forces the combatants actual speed to be calculated through the change of the combatants position each frame.
    Use this setting if you encounter problems with movement animations (which are most of the time because of the speed not being set correctly).
    That might fix my animation issue - thanks Gil!
  • Equipment viewer, YAAAY!!! =)
  • Perfect, looking great.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Also new:
      The new Start Item Collector step will start an item collector attached to an event object (e.g. an actor). The event continues after the item collection finished.
      You can use this to enhance your item collection or item boxes with additional animations, dramatic camera effects (e.g. zelda) and other stuff.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I've decided it is pretty great having a full time tools and engine programmer on my "team" :)
    Especially one who cranks out these fast updates.
    Allows me to work on the game and programming the fluff.

Thanks for all your hard work Gil
  • Yes! I've been badly wanting that Equipment element for HUDs. :D
    twitter.com/JellyPaladin
  • Last batch for today:
    • Event System: Spawn Steps
      The Spawn Player and Destroy Player steps can now also spawn/destroy other members of the player group.
    • Battle Settings: Auto Join
      The new Join Running Battle setting allows combatants to also join a running battle (not only at the start) when coming within range.
    • Battle System: Move AI
      When allowing the move AI, you can use the new Block In Battle setting to still block the AI of those who are fighting in battle.
      This enables you to have not participating combatants still running around (and joining the battle with auto join) while the fighting ones stand at their spots.
    • Event System
      Using Member actors of unspawned player group members can now be used for all event steps that don't require a game object (e.g. status steps).
      Previously, those steps couldn't be used with not spawned members.
    • Fade/Blink Objects
      All fading/blinking objects (e.g. battle notifications or fade/blink event steps) will now use the color property of SpriteRenderer (Unity 2D) when fading the color, instead of the material's color.
  • awesome.....looking forward to update !!
  • Big update coming for Variable Conditions:
    • Variable Condition Templates
      Create templates for variable conditions in Base/Control > Variable Condition Templates in the ORK Framework editor.
      You can use those templates in other variable conditions as a single condition.
    • Variable Conditions
      The new Condition Type setting defines what a single condition will check.
      Either checks a single Variable (like it has been until now), a bunch of defined Conditions or use a variable condition Template.
      This allows creating more complex checks like '(condition1 && condition2) || condition3'.
    • Variable Conditions: float
      New float check types available. Range Inclusive checks if the current value of a float game variable is between two defined values, including the values. Range Exclusive checks if the value is between two defined values, excluding the values.
    Also, ORK Framework is today's 24 hour deal in the Unity Asset Store - so get it while it's cheap :)
  • Nice!!! and that 24 hour deal came right on time as a friend wanted to use your framework! ill let him know immediately
  • Oh dang, those will really help with some of my more cluttered variable checks. Sounds awesome. The templates are fantastic as well.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited August 2014
    Those variable templates will make my work surely cleaner and easier!
    Thanks a lot GiL, great idea! :)
    Post edited by Kaemalux on
  • edited August 2014
    Release later today - some small additions:
      The new Function to Variable step allows strong the return value of a called function into a game variable.
      Naturally only supports string, bool, int/float and Vector3 return values :)
    • Combatants: Battle Animations
      The new Join Battle Animation setting is used when a combatant joins a running battle (using Auto Join) to animate him going to his position. If not used, the combatant will simply be placed on his spot.
    • Battle Settings, Classes, Combatants
      You can now optionally define different battle menus for the individual battle system types.
    • Text Codes
      The new Float with Format text code allows defining a text format for the displayed float variable.
      E.g. the format 00.0 will make the value 1 to 01.0.
    • Equipment Viewers
      The new Preview settings can be used to preview a selected weapon or armor on the equipment viewer.
    • Editor
      The editor will no longer automatically close when entering play mode.
      At least in my tests that didn't cause problems any longer :)
      The new Display Requirements settings in Combatant and Turn Order HUD elements can be used to bind displaying a HUD element to status requirements and variable conditions.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Very nice additions, thanks Nicholas