edited August 2014 in ORK Support
Since im going with a real time battle approach, am i correct in assuming that i have to create abilities for block, reflect and counter and somehow (i mean i kinda know how) animate them to visual show the player blocking, countering or reflecting the attack,projectile etc
  • Depends on how your battles should play - generally, you can still use the counter chance stuff and counter attacks, or the defend action in real time battles.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • well i want the block to be just that, a block not a "chance" to block..character holds a button/key and player block attacks and takes less damage optionally i would want the block to only last so long before being able to block again i guess but that is optional
  • In that case, yes, creating abilities for that is the way to go.
    Blocking can be done by using damage dealers/zones - e.g. having a damage zone on a shield that blocks damage.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ok i get that same goes for if he is blocking with hands/feet?

and about damage dealers: if its fighting, i create a gameobject and place it on the characters hands and feet(or legs?) and then add damage dealer component?
  • Depends - if you'll have weapons (e.g. different gloves) for fighting, you can add the damage dealers on the weapon's prefab and use equipment viewers to spawn them on the hands.
    Otherwise, you can just add a game object with the damage dealer :)
  • ok Cool yea i will have hand weapons but starting out its just fist..thanks GiL