edited August 2014 in ORK Scripting
So onto the next step:

I have to check if the item can be equipped with the current character.
"c1.Inventory.GetEquipment(item.ID, ItemDropType.Weapon).CanEquip(c1)" should do that and "c1.Inventory.GetEquipment(item.ID, ItemDropType.Weapon).Setting.CheckRequirements(c1)" should make sure that the combatant has the required strength or so to wield it.

And then there is this: "combatant.Equipment.Equip(int PartID, EquipShortcut equip, Inventory inventory, bool reset)" which should actually equip the item.

Problem is how do I get the PartID of the item I have leftclicked on. I have "IShortcut item" but there is no "item.GetPartID".

So how do I do that?

• The CanEquip function already checks all the requirements - you only need to call that function to check if a combatant can equip it.

The partID of the Equip function refers to the equipment part you want it to equip (i.e. the ID/index of the equipment part). If you set it to -1, the first useable equipment part will be used (i.e. the first part that is enabled in the equipment's settings).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited August 2014
    That is good to know.

And as inventory I just use "c1.Inventory", right?

What does "reset" do?
    Post edited by Kashrlyyk on
  • Yes, use the inventory of the combatant that's equipping something (if there already is something on the equipment part, the weapon/armor will be unequipped and put into that inventory).

The reset parameter will mark the status of the combatant to do recalculations after changing equipment - you should set this to true. Only set it to false if you're doing multiple equip changes in a row and manually reset it afterwards.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!