edited August 2014 in ORK Support
I have a status fork event setup as follows through an event on an NPC that teaches:

Failed -> add a console entry
Stat Req 1: Know Ability Rank 1 -> Learn Ability Rank 2
Stat Req 2: Do NOT know Ability -> Learn Ability Rank 1

I can learn the ability at rank 1 without any problems.
However, the first req never fires so that I can learn the rank 2 ability
The Failed status never fires (that's a good thing )

1. Am I using the status fork correctly; or, am I misunderstanding the use of the status fork
2. assuming I am using it correctly, does it appear that I have it setup correctly?

Thanks
  • I'd say you're using it correctly - but depends on the details of your settings if it's really working :)

Are you using the correct event object (e.g. actor player) for the checks?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Well, I think something is broke :)
    I verified that I am checking the player and not the NPC
    So, I used the following in my abilities menu to see what rank the ability was set
    You can add the level using %, e.g. Fire Lvl %
    I have no information displayed regarding the level of any of my abilities. The Icon and Name show just fine. Also any costs associated with using the ability displays just fine.
    I would expect a 1 to display.

So, now I am wondering if something is just broke with my version. I checked the ORK demo and noticed the same thing.

Is it possible there is a bug with ranks not being set? This in turn would break my status fork check.
  • Did a quick test and it's working fine on my end - also the level is displayed fine when a % is added to the ability's name.
    Make sure the player is also selected in the learn ability steps.

Can you send me a demo project where this is happening? Or at least your event :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Took me a while; but, I figured it out!

The Ability checks do NOT work for passive abilities on my end :)
    I set my ability to a useable status and the check works!

Could you confirm this on your end, please?
  • edited September 2014
    Will look into it.

Edit: Yup, passive abilities don't seem to work without enabling Learned.
    Will fix that in the next update - in the meantime you can work around this by using the Learned option in the status check.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Ah, thanks for the update. Glad to see I didn't break something on this end.
  • Greetings,

Yeah, I think I'm seeing some odd behavior as well with passive abilities. I created an ability to increase Fortitude by 10% and set the ability as one of the combatants abilities under Ability Development for level one. The odd things are:

1.) At runtime, the ability shows up in the abilities menu under Passive 12 times.
    2.) If the ability is set to create a Status Effect, nothing is calculated, the combatant's Fortitude does not change.
    3.) If the passive ability is set up to Add Bonus Setting, then it will calculate it but 12 times.

Now, granted I may have made an error in the creation of something along the way :) But I'm not sure what that would be.

Also, while I'm thinking about Passives and such, I would like to display in the status menu what each passive ability is and what it is doing so the player knows where they received a particular buff or debuff etc. (I.E. +10% Fortitude). What is the best way to achieve this? I know Status Effects can be displayed in menus, thus my first attempt with the passive was to have it use a Status Effect and not a bonus setting. I also know that I can add such bonuses and status affects directly to the combatant via Bonus Settings which do calculate correctly but I don't know how to display the bonus settings information to the player if created this way.

Thanks!
  • edited September 2014
    There currently is a small bug where the passive ability list isn't reset when learning a new one, leading to abilities being listed multiple times. If you save and load the game, that should be cleared.

Will look into the status effect other issue.

Edit: Currently, passive abilities only set their auto effects at the start of a battle, will fix that in the next version.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Excellent, thank you.