edited August 2014 in ORK Support
I dropped a custom character in my game after completing the tutorial on player setup and reviewing the Animation How-To. I am using the Legacy animation system and my animations all play fine in Unity. I have matched the Animation type to the Prefab animation name in the Framework, but the only animation that plays is the idle. At this point, I only have idle and walk animations available. The player moves (translates/rotates on screen) fine with button input control, but does not play the walk animation.

I have checked and rechecked every setting and don't know what I am missing. It's like the animation simply is not being called. Any ideas?
  • Did you enable auto move animation in the combatant's settings?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yes, it is enabled. I have player movement and control via the arrow keys, but no walk animation being called.
  • Try enabling the Use Position Change setting in the combatant's movement settings.
    Most likely the animations aren't playing because the real movement speed of the combatant's game object isn't correct, this setting will force to calculate the speed based on the object's position changes, ignoring how it is actually moved.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Enabled and still no effect. I re-loaded the Ork sample project, and my character is setup exactly the way that brown-pants is (aside from the damage script). I can see all my animations playing in Unity without an issue. There has to be something very simple I am missing, I feel like I am too close to the problem to see it. ;)

• edited September 2014
    Please send me your custom character to contact@orkframework.com - I'll try it myself :)

Edit: Just a quick question - is your player already in the scene or do you spawn him using ORK Framework (like it is explained in the game tutorials)?
    If the player is already in the scene, that's not working - you need to spawn him with ORK Framework.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Got it resolved.

Player was being spawned through Ork (not in the scene).

Uninstalled Unity and Ork, re-installed everything and everything seems to work fine now. The first time I loaded the same scene I had my run animation running as it should. I don't get it, but I am glad it is working now. Ummm, oddly enough I have an Ork watermark/logo in the upper left of my screen now as well.

Thanks though :) I appreciate the quick feedback and great customer support.
  • If you have the watermark, you've imported the free test version - if you bought it (e.g. in the asset store), reimport that version.