edited September 2014 in ORK Support
I've been playing around with ORK for a while now, and I have to say that its a fantastic asset to work with as long as 3D content is concerned.

A project I've been working on currently now involves mostly 2D interfaces, with the exception of dungeons and battles. I've tried scene changers in the ORK wizard for 2D interfaces, but I understand that that only works when you actually have a prefab interact with it.

So I have a couple of questions:

Is it possible to have scene changers happen on-click, without a character actually in-scene? And would transitioning between scenes such as from a town mini-map to shops, or town to 3D battle areas be possible in the first place?

EDIT: I should elaborate on the 2D environment. Basically it's a click-and-go with mouse, without any prefabs whatsoever. Actual prefab 'action' only happens whenever you go off for a mission, for example.

Post edited by Sycil on
  • edited September 2014
    You can also use interactions (like scene changers) with clicks by setting the start type to Interact.

Starting an interaction by clicking on it requires a Collider on the object (not as a trigger, otherwise it wont receive the click), and you need to have the player spawned in the scene for the maximum click distance check. The default click distance can be defined in Game > Game Settings.
    Since you don't have a player in the scene, you'd need to spawn a dummy player (e.g. simply an empty game object as prefab) in the scene and set the click distance to a high value.

I can add an option to not require the player in the scene (i.e. clicking without a distance check) in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That worked great, thanks for the fast reply as always! And yes, that would be a great addition to the next update. Would work immensely well for hybrid RPGs like the one I'm working on.