edited September 2014 in ORK 1 & MSE Support
how to implement a event where when you talk to a certain NPC you will trigger a event.

e.g in a village,a NPC is blocking the entrance but when you talk to NPC it will walk away something like that.
Post edited by gamingislove on
  • edited September 2014
    I understand that to have walking NPC's --you have to do this--

You can do this by using a Move AI - and that requires a combatant :)
    Create a move AI with Enable Random Patrol, create a dummy combatant that uses the move AI and use an Add Combatant component to add the combatant to your NPC (don't forget to set it to a faction that isn't an enemy of the player).

Game events have the Block Move AI (blocks move AI in general) and Block Actor Move AI (blocks move AI of the event's actors) settings in the Event Settings to block move AIs during the event.

So that might be a start. You could trigger their walk animation in a dialogue and have a path for them to follow away from where they were and then an idle animation at the end.

Or just have them disappear. : )

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • I edited my post as I found an old response from gil to a question I had on having moving npc's. Don't know if that will help you but maybe it's a start.
  • edited September 2014
    Doesn't need a move AI - simply use the event object as an actor in the event and move it somewhere else using a Change Position step.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK! thanks for the help =)