edited September 2014 in General Discussion
I want to display the Player's HUD in the field, not just in battle, do I check Yes in "In Control" rather than Ignore in the Player HUD? Or something else? Thanks.
  • I have Ignore on everything except Changing Scene. Player HUD shows fine regardless of what I am doing (shop, event, field, etc)

If you don't want it on others, I think selecting Yes for the In Control will show the HUD in the field.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks very much. : )

But now it shows up in my Introductory Scenes. : | Before the game starts.

And only as a blank box with no name of player or HP bar or MP bar. I can see that what's showing up is the Default Position GUI Box. I did choose the Player Hud GUI Box. Do you have to choose the Player Hud GUI Box in more than one place?

What could I be doing wrong?

What if I wanted to show text for the player's status instead of bars.

For example:

Hero HP 30/100
    MP 90/100

where 100 is full hp and mp?

I got some criticism for using bars in our game Wizzard Island on ios--not in the reviews but in comments on TouchArcade----people seem to like text more better today than bars. They seem to want more screen scenery. And they think bars are too retro.

I'm OK with that. I like some things to be retro but not hooked into showing the player's HP and MP as bars.

So I changed that in WI made with ORK1 in an update---the Player's HP and MP and Max HP and Max SP display as text only and I think it looks better---but how do I do text only not bars in ORK2?

What do I do? Again I don't even have bars working in ORK2 now for some reason. Don't know why!

Have been OK so far with the tutorials but suffering a bit here.

I know it's something I'm doing or not doing, not ORK's problem--but can't seem to pin it down.

Post edited by Catacomber on
  • If you want the HUD to display in battles and the field, set In Control and In Battle to Ignore and the rest to No.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks very much. How do you display the player hp and mp as text?

In other words

HP 90/100
    MP 75/100

so you're showing hp/max hp etc
  • Use the Status Element element type, e.g. list all Consumable stats.
    Text would be: %n %/%m
    %n = status name
    % = current value
    %m = maximum value

You can also split them up, e.g. %n in one element, %/%m in another. This way you can make one align left and one align right, brings nice listings :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks very much! That's great. : )
  • I don't have any intro scenes. So, I never noticed them showing "prematurely" :)
    Good to know though.
  • I have my Game Starter in the Main Menu scene and then a few introductory screens.

Don't have main menu box or gamestarter box checked.

If I used two Game Starters--one in Main Menu with main menu box checked and one in
    the scene where I really start the game and the player spawns with game starter box checked, would that solve that?
  • Enable Blocking Event in the Event Settings (or block the player control) to hide HUDs that shouldn't be visible in those cinematic events or when the control is blocked.

Also, you can use the Block HUD step to block specific or all HUDs :)