edited September 2014 in ORK Support
I am probably thinking too hard on this, but can you share the steps in doing this? Sort of like in Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (don't remember it being in OoT) when an NPC asks or hints for an item, then a menu pops up mid-dialogue and depending on what you choose will determine how the NPC will react.
  • Well, you can show menu screens using the Call Menu Screen step, but it's currently not possible to have the selection there influence the event ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2014
    Ah shame. Alright, I suppose I'll find some other method for now!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • Well, you can use the Drop interaction start type to start an event when an item is dropped on the game object, maybe that helps :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That could work; however, it requires the item to stay in my inventory, so dropping would break the game!
  • Maybe give it back to the player after the event?
  • That seems pretty logical! Not sure why I didn't think about it!
  • Actually, where can I access the Drop interaction start type? I suppose I am looking for it in the wrong place.
  • In the event interaction component, click on start type and scroll down and you should see it.
  • Ah yea. The Scene Wizard. Thanks!
  • You can decide in the event interaction if the item dropped on the object should be consumed or not :)
  • edited September 2014
    I wasn't too sure about that click box! So basically, the item stays in my inventory when I drop it?

What if I wanted the NPC to give a generic reply when you present the wrong item? Is there a way I can call an event for anything other than the required item?
  • If you drop the item into the world, it will be removed from the inventory. If you drop it on a game object with an event interaction that's started by Drop, it will only be removed when the consume option is enabled.

I'll look into adding a new step for selecting something from the inventory in one of the next updates :)
  • edited September 2014
    That'd be great! But for the meantime, by dropping it on a game object, what do you mean specifically? If I just have a game object with that event interaction somewhere in the scene, it won't be activated unless I literally drop it onto it?
  • Exactly ... like using drag+drop in battle menus, unless you drop it on the game object (which requires a collider), it wont be used on them :)
  • Ah! I suppose I'll wait for that update!