edited February 2014 in Announcements
And here it is: release notes

-------------------

Of course, the next update is already in development - here's what's coming so far:
  • Hotkeys
    You can open the ORK Framework editor by pressing
    'CTRL + ALT + O'.
    The ORK Scene Wizard can be opened by pressing 'CTRL + ALT + W'.
  • Custom Controls
    The custom control scripts for player/camera control can now be added/found on child objects.
  • Game Event Actors
    The new actor type Camera will use the event's camera as an actor.
  • Curves in Events
    The new Curve Move and Curve Rotation event steps allow using curves to change the position/rotation of game objects.
    Each axis (X, Y, Z) uses a separate curve.
The biggest thing will be the new WYSIWYG editor for GUI stuff (mostly GUI box and HUDs). I'm currently working on making that happen :)
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2014
    Nice, the WYSIWYG should be quite a boon to the workflow. :D And Curve move as well!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Curves, eh? That's an interesting addition! Might be good for camera movements and boomerangs, don't you think?
  • edited February 2014
    Yeah, thought the curves would be a nice addition to the regular interpolation stuff :)

The WYSIWYG editor is coming along great - so far it allows editing GUI boxes (positions and paddings). Still needs a lot of work and polishing ...
    I guess I'll first add only the GUI box editing in this update and HUD stuff at a later time, would allow releasing the update sooner and see how you guys like it :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Will Curve Rotation allow things like a camera circling a prefab while facing it?
  • Not really ... or let's say, it'd be hard to set up.
    Luckily, there's already the Rotate Camera Around step for that :)
  • Sounds good! I've got most of my GUI already set up, but this will really be nice for future tweaks. :D We shouldn't expect any data loss with the update, yes?
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • No data loss - that's a thing of the past (beta).
  • Worth the money spent! Love the work !
    ORK user since 2014. Patron since 2018.
  • And here it is: release notes
  • Alright! Thanks SO much for the visual editor! Been waiting for this for a long time!

Could you explain the Screen Combatant feature a bit? Like how does it actually work? Could you use an example?
  • Well, it's the same as the Use Screen Combatant setting in inventory/ability menus - it'll simply use the item directly on the current menu user (which is by default the player).

Without it, a combatant selection would be displayed, letting the player select on which combatant he wants to use an item/ability.
  • I see.

I've also noticed that the demo resources in the framework are gone. Like all the events, gui layers, etc that the demo used. Everything is just "Default" now, so I can't play around with it like I was able to before. I still have the prefabs, scenes and stuff in my Project Editor, but the framework editor is all default. Anyway I can get it back?
  • That's strange - did you download the newest demo (gets updated with each release)?
    Usually this'll happen when your project and event assets lost their script assignments - which happened when switching from beta to official release.
  • I suppose that does make sense!