• Oh snap! Can't believe I missed that. Thanks. :D
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • I open the ORK Framework window, and whether I leave it floating or I dock it, whenever I click the play button in Unity, that ORK Framework window vanishes. I've been having to reopen that window after every play and that gets old really fast. I'm using ORK 2.0.1
  • @Pickle
    It's always done that, just how it works.
  • edited January 2014
    Oh whoa, I've run into a pretty big bug, only started happening after this update.

The case of the mystical disappearing doors.

Those doors worked flawlessly before. They work on a pretty simple little getup, no variables used at all. Walk into the trigger, and the door is moves up to a 'Open Door' Waypoint above it. Move out of the trigger, and the door moves down to a 'Closed Door' Waypoint. They do this using the Change Position Node.

After this update, the instant the door moves to a waypoint, the Waypoint object is then destroyed, somehow! And then after the door opens and closes the first time, since both waypoints are now destroyed somehow, the door event itself is entirely destroyed if you approach it again.

(IMPORTANT CAVEAT: These waypoints aren't actually listed used as waypoints in the Events, but are simply Empty Gameobject Actors named WaypointUp and WaypointDown.)
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • edited January 2014
    @Picklefall1
    Closing the editor upon play is intended - the open editor causes problems in play mode :)

@Kirb
    Strange, please send me the event to contact@orkframework.com.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm not sure if this happened on the version 2.0.1 or before, but i can't set the Start Equipment anymore, when you click "AddStartEquipment", it creates a Equipment Set that only shows the remove button and the Start and Maximum level fields, nothing more. (I still have my Equipment Parts created as before)
  • @RonaldoFleming

I do not have that issue. Have you checked your combatant's class and made sure that they are able to use the equipment parts in question?

@GiL

Will do!
  • @Kirb

Yeah apparently someone turned those flags off and I forgot to check them. Sorry my bad!
  • edited February 2014
    Possible bug:

-Legacy Animation Node: Set Speed doesn't appear to be having any effect when trying to speed it up or slow it down. Tried values ranging from .1 to 200.

Another ORK user mentioned to me another possible bug but I haven't tested it myself:

-Change Position always messes with the rotation on the object if using Move by Speed, but Move by Time works correctly.
    Post edited by Kirb on
  • edited February 2014
    This bug happen when I have only one sword in the inventory and I want to equip it by going into the inventory and equipping it that way. It will automatically pause my game and minimize the screen and an error will pop out. This error will only pop out if I have a quantity of one sword. If the quantity of my sword is more than one, it'll equip fine. I tried it with different weapons using different equipment parts, all resulting in the same error when I try to equip the weapons If it only have a quantity of one.

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.ShowWindow ()
    ORKFramework.GUIBox.ShowGUI ()
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.ShowLayer (Int32 layer)
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.ShowGUI ()
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireGUITick ()
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.OnGUI ()

Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • I'll look into it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm having a problem using mouse/touch control on the Equipment Menu.

I have an equipment menu, so when click an equipment slot it should display a window with the "unequip" option and other items to equip there. It does work if you click the first slot (Helmet in my case) , but when you click the second slot (Chest) it will open the Helmet window again, it doesn't recognize the index of the clicked slot. If i try to press the down key on the keyboard, then it does change the index and select other itens, but using only the mouse it doesn't work.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or if there's something that I don't know how to configure
  • edited February 2014
    So I think I've found a couple of issues with Save Scene/Load Scene events.
    Firstly, gameobjects that have been set to DontDestroyOnLoad are saved and then added again when the scene is reloaded. I'm not sure if this is intended or not?
    Secondly, I'm using a random dungeon generator for my levels and it works by building the dungeon tile by tile when the scene loads. The problem I'm having is that the scene save event doesn't seem to be saving all of the tiles and so when the scene reloads after a battle it's completely empty.. Does the scene save only save things that were in the scene when it loaded and not things that have since been spawned in?
    Post edited by LordHogFred on
  • edited February 2014
    @RonaldoFleming
    I'll look into it - but it'd help if I had your ORK project (Assets/ORK Framework/ORKProject.asset), please send it to contact@orkframework.com.
    Edit: using the left mouse button as accept key will interfere with clicking on choices :)

@LordHogFred
    The Store Scene step only saves the name of the current scene and the player's position to allow using this information in the Load Scene step. It doesn't save anything else in the scene.
    DontDestroyOnLoad objects wont be destroyed, they'll be kept alive even when changing scenes - that's how they work (and has nothing to do with ORK :D).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Not sure what happened, but I was working on an elongated battle start event, and had it set to load another scene. When I went to test it, it loaded the scene, but then everything stopped, and now I cannot edit the event file. I can still run through it in my game, but if I try to edit it Ork won't load and I get a bunch of "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" errors, with this info below:
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.ShowDialogueStep.GetNextCount ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKNodeEditor.VisitNode (ORKFramework.BaseNode node)
    (above line duplicated 31 times)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKNodeEditor.UpdateVisit ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKNodeEditor.ShowNodes (ORKFramework.BaseNode start, ORKFramework.BaseNode[] nodes)
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsTab.ShowSettings ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsTab.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.EventsSection.ShowTab ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/monoAndRuntimeClassLibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Might be a bug, though not sure how exactly to replicate it since it previously loaded a different scene just fine. But above all, is there any way to regain access to this event file? Spent a lot of time on it.