I would like to start a series of tutorial videos for the ORK framework. I plan on streaming everyday on twitch and uploading the videos to YouTube. The videos will be edited and posted once a week. I started a patreon page that isn't live at the moment because I would like @gamingislove to verify and okay a couple of things.

The first is that I would like to use the assets provided through the site for making the tutorial videos.
The second is that I would like to reference the site, the creator, and the forum in the videos.
Lastly, I don't plan on charging for the videos directly, however I do want to provide a way for people to sponsor the creation of the content through one time and monthly donations.

If there are a lot of people who think this is something they want then I would be more than happy to do this. Pending of course @gamingislove giving the okay. Plus there will be rewards for people who donate certain amounts and everything!

If you have any questions post them here! I will get back as soon as I can.
Post edited by robahouston on
You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • Video tutorials are generally a great thing and will only help the community :)
  • edited December 2015
    Phesant33 said: Video tutorials are generally a great thing and will only help the community :)
    Though I wholeheartedly believe this too, being able to use GiL's assets would make this a lot faster process. I want to make a video a week and making all my own assets would put me back a week or two.

I also plan on making another series that will use Makinom as well. Everything depends on GiL and how well the videos are received.
  • +1 for support and donations!

Though many of us in this forum have figured out most of ORK, the asset store reviews make it clear that many other users are struggling. Up-to-date video tutorials will benefit all of us really, especially if they involve the latest 2.6+ version.
  • Gregorik said: +1 for support and donations!

Though many of us in this forum have figured out most of ORK, the asset store reviews make it clear that many other users are struggling. Up-to-date video tutorials will benefit all of us really, especially if they involve the latest 2.6+ version.
    That is my hope! Thanks for the vote!
  • As long as you don't redistribute my stuff, that's ok :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No redistribution just representation in the vids! Thanks! The first stream will start Monday at approximately 11am pacific. Hope to see all of you there!
  • Couple of links for ya'll:
    Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2659733&u=2659733&ty=h
    Twitch - Watch live video from therobomonster on www.twitch.tv
    YouTube -

The videos on YouTube will be uploaded Sunday evening and the twitch streams will run monday through friday 11-4 approximately. Though with the stream there may be a lot of late night streaming because I am kinda a workaholic.

There is a donate button on the stream, however, using the patreon link is what really helps the community because it means I can keep up with the schedule. The more support I get there the more I can do with the videos.

Lastly, the videos will be updated from time to time to ensure their quality is always improving. Something I will have to go back and do at some point is redo the audio commentary because my mic isn't that great. Not terrible but something that my first $50 is going to. Wish me luck ya guys.
  • robahouston said: Wish me luck ya guys.
    Wish you luck! I for one am not game for live streams (busy, timing issues), but more than interested in your youtube or DL-able videos.
  • I completely understand. Thanks for the support!
  • edited December 2015
    Just a heads up for everyone that is able to watch the stream, I am going live in approximately ten minutes. Join me for all the fun and question answering I can handle!!!
    Remember to follow the stream on twitch to get email updates when I go live, just in case I miss posting it here. Also subscribe to the youtube link posted to get the latest videos when they're posted!

There will be no video this weekend. The first official tutorial video will arrive next Sunday, 10 January, 2016. I am planning on trying to get the intro to the tuts vid up by this Sunday.

Twitch - Watch live video from therobomonster on www.twitch.tv
    YouTube -
    Patreon - https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2659733&u=2659733&ty=h
  • Also everything is still under construction on the sites so please excuse the dust. Thanks!
  • Alright everyone, the stream is going live. I apologize for the last couple of days. If it could go wrong it did! lol. Enjoy the stream and tell your friends.

Remember that if you have any questions please ask in the twitch chat. Thanks and be safe out there.
  • Thanks for working on these! I checked out your first one. I think something went wrong with your audio though?

• I am streaming current stuff. The actual vids are going to be recording I make seperately. Exporting from twitch is a pain and it takes hours. Recording them and posting them to YouTube on my own is just better.

I am also still working on getting everything to work perfectly. Sound is getting there but twitch alerts aren't working so followers aren't showing up like they should. And yeah, I need a better mic. I just don't have the money for it yet. The videos on YouTube should be better. I hope. Pray to all the gods. Any gods that you can find.
  • This is nice! Beginnner is saved.
    I pray for project future success.