• edited December 2015
    We grew a little. : ) Thanks.

The Tilt:

https://www.tilt.com/tilts/grid-battle-system-for-the-ork-framework

While I think this would be a great addition because I really want to make a grid-based, turn-based game--Juryiel put it very nicely that this is also a great way to reward gamingislove for all his amazing product support.

Maybe think of it as buying ORK Framwork.version_gridbased and you get to contribute what you want to buy the product--but we all have to contribute enough to get it. It's the Law of Large Numbers--we need more contributors, who also want to make stunning games that are grid-based and turn-based and just think about how many players there are who want such games---they're waiting--on Steam and in the asset store.
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Christmas and new year will be out of the way and hopefully this picks up speed. I'll definitely pledge in January. Probably 100$.
  • Just made my contribution to the goal. Not a huge need for me but ORK support is outstanding and should be rewarded.

Plus, I think milestone payments like this make more sense than one-time sales for large frameworks like ORK. Single purchase incentivizes developers to abandon projects in favor of pumping out quick new products. ORK needs to be supported not just by new buyers but also regulars like many of us who stay with it for years. So this is a good direction for ORK.
  • Let's keep up the good work everyone!
    You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • edited December 2015
    Thanks, Nixter--it's always nice to see you and I know you've been here since ORKI--

quoting Nixter---"I think milestone payments like this make more sense than one-time sales for large frameworks like ORK. Single purchase incentivizes developers to abandon projects in favor of pumping out quick new products. ORK needs to be supported not just by new buyers but also regulars like many of us who stay with it for years. So this is a good direction for ORK."

@hellwalker--Yay!
    "Christmas and new year will be out of the way and hopefully this picks up speed. I'll definitely pledge in January. Probably 100$."

The Tilt:

quoting robahouston--

"Let's keep up the good work everyone!"

It would be great to break $1500.
  • I upped by pledge by $50 just before Christmas, but I thought it would be nice to break $1500 for the new year, so I put in another $25 to get us to $1500.

That's $150 for me total, so I'm probably not able to increase it further.
  • Thanks Keldryn! I'm currently in the middle of a big apartment move, but since the holiday season is over now, I'll begin focusing on campaigning the Tilt campaign as soon as I'm able.
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • edited January 2016
    OMG!!!

We broke 1500! Thanks Keldryn! No one could ask more of you. That was very generous.

Maid Marian curtsies and says you are her gentle and esteemed knight in shining armor. She gives you her virtual scarf to wear in all your battles.

You are the bringer of Happy New Year tidings!

We should all think about all the ways we can use a grid-based, turn-based feature in the ORK Framework. It would be very useful in my humble opinion.

We could use some new investments now in 2016 from new people.

It's a new year and we have a ways to go.

Were you planning on buying a new hot tub? Don't do it. Invest in this. Were you planning on redoing your bathroom or kitchen? Don't do it -- let's get a nice turn-based, grid-based feature in ORK.

Were you planning on taking a winter school break to Canada or wherever you go for winter school breaks? Well, take it, because undoubtedly you worked hard for it. And we'll get there. Enjoy your break.

Were you planning on buying a new puppy? Well, maybe go to a rescue shelter and then whatever you don't spend on the new puppy, invest in this. : )

We're just about half way there but it will take new blood to get us to the shining Grail!

It will take new investments. Thanks for everyone who's invested so far--I know giving money can be like giving blood sometimes. We all have to make ends meet. This is really an investment though, not just a donation.

We all want to make challenging games. I think this feature will repay our investment.

Thank you all for your investment in a new grid-based/turn-based gameplay for ORK.

Once we get to the Holy Grail, we should be able to make magic.

Think of it as an investment you will gain returns on in the future.

Happy New Year!

Keldryn--take a bow--and thank you for pushing us further toward our goal. If you're shy--take a shy bow--feel our group hug for your last investment. That was really super.

• Thanks @Catacomber, though I don't feel like I really did all that much. I guess it's a psychological milestone hitting $1500.
  • edited January 2016
    You did a lot. And, yes, it is. The next psychological milestone would be $2000 and I hope some who want this as much as we do will get us there. : ) Can we present this to the Shark Tank on TV to get funding? : )

Right now, all of us who have invested in this are little Sharks. : ) It's a good feeling.

Welcome any new Sharks who want to invest.

You might get a really large return on your investment as turn-based, grid-based games are very popular right now.

They are the Crossy Road of rpg games.

And the ORK Framework gives you a lot of potential good things for your players to do -with such an extension-in addition to the grid-based, turn-based stuff---except sadly we're not there yet.

• I have a question. I read the proposal doc but could not quite understand this part.
    Will this grid support terrains and non-flat map? Like A rounded hill?

To support this it would need to project grid on terrain somehow, instead of generated it in as unique rectangle/hex shaped object. So it should be like this:

Otherwise you cannot make terrains, you can only make maps like this or flat ones:

To use TBTK grid as example

It's pain to hand place them and it's hard to support different shapes

So maybe a combination of grid game object, but it's projected on terrain?
  • @hellwalker,

The summary does state that "Raycasting can also determine the individual cell positions based on the level architecture" so I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. That's how MapNav2 and Grids Pro do it.
  • edited January 2016
    : ) Thanks, Kirb--

We're getting so close to $2,000. Right now it might seem like an imaginary number--but if we can get enough people interested--we'll get this done and it will be a reality. So many people helped us get this close---well I did too but I'm more thankful to everybody else--can't thank myself. I can think of a lot of good gameplay that can come out of this.

Let your imagination take you there and if you haven't yet contributed and you want to make something new----go there---