Hello again!

Been playing around with ork for couple weeks now following the very informative tutorial's and forum post's. Starting to feel comfortable with the framework now, and the event system WOW! I also purchased Makinom, haven't even looked into that yet, although have had a play around with some of the machines and schematic's, but for the time being im focusing on ork.
Anyway I have now started building my own project (using the tutorials for reference) just a couple of questions if you could advise.

So I have added custom mecanim tank controls, got fixed cam's (ie, Resident Evil, FF etc) and its working perfectly, so no problems that end, however I'm more focusing on creating a survival horror rpg/parasite eve knock off. So before I carry on with the idea...

1. Possible to use gun's and ammo?
I guess that would work similar to MP sorta thing? Have Attack use so much ammo per shot (But they would have to be linked to certain guns? Fire rate? etc.) and MP potions could be ammo boxes, that kind of thing..

2. Is it possible to have different animations for holding and firing (attack) different guns? eg. Holding pistol/fire pistol/ hold shotgun/fire shotgun...And reloading in battle..Guessing that's where the Event systems come into play? (Again just link all that up in ork using the mecanim triggers and parameters?? Im not to fussed with mecanim as I have had zero issues with it...yet)

3. Battle mode, Parasite eve 1 used random trigger battles, Parasite eve 2 used a real time battle system, i think. Instead of a battle menu spells are assigned to controller keys and an auto target system (just targets closest enemy i think) I had a play around with the battles in the demo, and for RPG's im a turn based kind of guy but for survival horror enemies need to be on screen so real time has to be done.

and I think thats it, so i could just throw a shoot and kill script on the player and have a resident evil clone, but Id rather add a little more gameplay with the RPG elements, and now most the hard parts handled with ork I can spend more time messing around with awesome Events and making it look good!

Sorry in advance if I may of overlooked anything in tutorial and thanks in advance!

P.S. Just as I was about to post this I open ORK check Weapons > IN BIG BLACK LETTERS ANIMATION SETTINGS. Ok that clears that question :)
  • Some quick answers:

1. Yes, guns are easily handled. You would create a different attack Ability for them, and in the Ability's Use Costs settings, you can have it consume items from Inventory.

2. You already found the settings. I wrote up a tutorial on one way to make this work smoothly: http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/2901/tutorial-weapon-specific-animations-using-mecanim

Do take note of my latest post; you can skip the "Check Weapon Type" empty nodes that I used and just have those transitions from the Entry node instead.

3. Look at the Control Maps settings to assign Abilities to buttons or keys, rather than using the Battle menu.

• Thanks for that @Keldryn ! I'll be sure to have a good read through the tutorial you provided! Thanks again! :)