edited July 2016 in ORK Support
Hello!

I'm sure it is something I'm missing, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why I'm not getting any available interactions. I have ORK instantiating a UFPS player with custom controls enabled via vp_FPInput. Everything works properly and I have everything setup correctly from what I can tell. Can someone give me a hand on this, please? See the screenshot.

Post edited by jrock84 on
  • Do you add the interaction controller automatically from the editor as well as having it on the player? Can you see it on the player? I don't see it on the player in your screenshot. Do you have checked is trigger on its collider?
  • edited July 2016
    I have ork add it automatically. It is there. I don't think I highlighted it before I took the screenshot. Yes it is checked. It is one created from the scene wizard. I have tried adding it manually but had the same results. I have not tried them both enabled at the same time though.
  • I tried with the interaction controller in both places. Still the same result.
  • Your controller is set up correctly. Just place an "Interact Event" somewhere in the scene and it will change from 0 to 1 and so on depending how many interactions there are. From what I can see, you have 0 interaction events in your scene.
  • There is one on the purple npc. The movie clip icon is highlighted in yellow right around his feet.
  • Sorry my mistake I glanced at picture too quickly! Thought the npc was player! Have you just tried dumping the player in there rather than spawning as a test, not that should make much of a difference? or just add the interaction controller direct rather than spawning it? Hows your event handled? p.s You have an awesome library of tools! Jealous much!
  • No worries at all! Yeah, just tried it and no difference unfortunately. It's a very simple dialog event right now for testing purposes attached directly to the NPC prefab. Nothing special. Thanks! It's been a growing collection over the past year or a little more. I love game development and hope to make it my full time career at some point. :) Any other ideas? I'm seriously fresh out. Thanks for your time!
  • Try putting a sphere collider around the npc prefab wide enough so your player can collide with it. Check trigger on it and try putting your event on the sphere collider.
  • edited July 2016
    Still nothing. I made the sphere collider with a 3 radius on a separate GO parented to the npc prefab. It is absolutely not detecting the events.
  • Ok, I've figured out the problem, but not a solution. The ORK handler script is starting up with these values. Any ideas?

• edited July 2016
    Ok, resolved. I was using a prefab from ORK Playmaker integration kit and I disabled a part of a state in an FSM, which prevented it from flowing to the next state. Issue resolved. Thanks!