edited December 2016 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.9.0 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next update for ORK Framework is in development and will probably be out in 1-2 weeks.

This update includes several new options for the Top Down Border camera control, as well as the new Research feature, which is a combination of status value upgrades, ability trees and crafting.
Thanks to @Bantichai for sponsoring these features :)
  • Research Types
    The new research types are used to separate research trees - pretty much the usual type feature including sub-types.
  • Research Trees
    Similar to ability trees, research trees allow researching multiple research items. A research item could be learning a new ability, upgrading a status value, creating an item/equipment/currency or just being used for requirements (e.g. researching 'steel forging' before being able to research creating a sword).
    Researching an item can either finish immediately, after a defined amount of time (in seconds) or through a custom progress, increased through the event system.
    A research item can be researched a defined amount of times (or without limit), where each time researching would e.g. create the item. Research trees are bound to combatants, and you can also learn a research tree multiple times.
    This feature includes a new menu screen part, event nodes, status requirements (to check for the state of research trees and items), notifications and console texts.
  • Camera Controls: Top Down Border
    The top down border camera has new options for rotating (using input keys and the mouse), panning (using input keys or by moving the mouse to the screen edges) and zooming (using input keys, e.g. +/- keys or the scroll wheel).
  • Battle Ranges: Grid Shapes
    The grid shapes in battle ranges (and templates) now have settings for checking the line of sight from the origin to the used cells.
    The line of sight can be blocked by blocked cells, cells with allied/enemy combatants or by defined grid cell types (all optionally).
  • HUDs: Information
    HUD elements of Information type HUDs can now use click actions to start a global event or open a menu screen when clicking on them.
  • Player Controls: Button
    When using the camera direction, you can now add an angle offset to it, e.g. to change the player's forward direction by 45 degree to the camera view.
    You can add an angle offset to the forward direction when using the camera direction for movement.
  • Inventory Settings: Item Box
    You can add a Take All button to the item list to collect all items from the item box.
    You also can add a text list of all items instead of buttons for each individual item, making the item box dialogue work similar to the item collection (i.e. being a choice to collect or not).
  • Battle Gains
    There are some changes to how battle gains are handled. For starters, the remaining battle gains will no longer be automatically collected at the end of the arena battles - i.e. you need to use the Collect Battle Gains node in the battle end events.
    Collecting battle gains can now define if loot and status value gains are collected. Uncollected battle gains will be kept until collected at a later time or cleared (e.g. using the Clear Battle Gains node), and will also be saved with save games. All battle gain nodes are now available in all event types.
    The loot can now optionally be collected into an item box (using an item box ID), e.g. you can store all loot from a level into an item box for later collection.
  • Battle Menus: User Highlights
    You can optionally highlight the user of a battle menu.
    The user can be highlighted using a cursor, blinking the game object and blinking the HUD. The highlight remains until the menu is closed.
  • Status Effects: Effect End
    Ending after Turn has been split into Turn Start and Turn End.
    Turn Start behaves like the current Turn selection, i.e. reducing the turns/ending at the start of a combatants turn.
    The new Turn End will reduce turns/end at the end of a combatants turn. You can optionally give a bonus turn when the user and target are the same combatant, e.g. to prevent 1 turn effects to stop right after casting them in the same turn.
  • Status Effects: Status Conditions
    The Set On selection has also been updated. Like End After, the Turn selection has been split into Turn Start (using the condition at the start of a combatant's turn, like it's now) and Turn End (using the condition at the end of a combatant's turn).
    The Cast selection is now named Apply (using the condition when the effect is applied, like it's now), the new Remove selection will use the condition when the effect is removed.
  • Battle Grid Settings: Combatant Placement
    Enabling the new Select Battle Group setting will turn the combatant placement into a battle group selection.
    You can select from all members of the player group, all placed combatants will be part of the battle group (selection ends after the group is full). If there are locked battle members, they'll have to be placed first.
  • Abilities, Items: Raycast Settings
    Several updates to the raycast target selection (when used by a player controlled combatant):
    You can now optionally block the player/camera controls during raycasts.
    You can highlight the raycast user with a prefab, game object and HUD blinking, e.g. use a prefab showing the use range of the ability.
    You can use a prefab cursor to show the position of the raycast.
    Instead of using click/touch, you can also move the raycast cursor with input keys, using accept to select a position.
    The raycast is now limited to an areay within the use range of the ability.
  • Shops: Combatants
    Shops now allow selling combatants to the player.
    Combatants added to a shop will join the player's group when being bought.
  • Shop Layouts: List Box
    Optionally use a different content layout for buttons representing combatants.
    Allows either using the default combatant choice layout or overriding it with a custom layout - both support displaying complex information using HUD elements.
  • Shop Layouts: Buy Combatant Info
    Optionally display a detailed information box about a combatant that can be bought in a shop.
    Can either be used as a HUD (only displaying the info while a combatant is selected) or as a details dialogue (being shown after accepting a selected combatant).
  • Shop Layouts: Buy/Sell Question
    Optionally display a question dialogue to confirm buying or selling items.
    The question dialogue will be displayed after the quantity selection.
  • Event System: Shop Nodes
    New nodes for managing stored shops (i.e. shops that have Save Shop enabled in their settings).
    The Add To Shop node adds new content to a shop (items, weapons, armors, abilities and combatants).
    The Check Shop Stock node checks the number of different items in a shop (e.g. check if more than 10 combatants are sold in the shop).
    The Clear Shop Data node either removes all items from a shop (making it empty) or removes the stored shop completely (resetting it).
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It's been great working with you GiL, I hope everyone benefits from these new improvements. If anyone is curious about the research feature, just think XCOM 2 :)
  • edited November 2016
    Awesome news!!!! Thank you GIL. And also Bantichai for the sponsoring!

Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited November 2016
    Thank you Bantichai for your generosity!
    Also Gil for his fantastic work.
    Post edited by Shadow_Fire on
  • Awesome stuff here. Thank you Bantichai and Gil. =)
    j0hnbane
    youtube.com/j0hnbane
  • No worries guys, Ork Framework just keeps getting better and better :)
  • edited November 2016
    Nice! Looks like a great feature to add. :)

Also, woo for Line of Sight options!
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • Research Trees!!! :D Thanks so much Gil and Bantichai!
    My little chunk of the internet: http://artemic.com
  • Thanks so much guys, looking forward to seeing the new updates.
  • Also coming in this update:
      You can add an angle offset to the forward direction when using the camera direction for movement.
    • Inventory Settings: Item Box
      You can add a Take All button to the item list to collect all items from the item box.
      You also can add a text list of all items instead of buttons for each individual item, making the item box dialogue work similar to the item collection (i.e. being a choice to collect or not).
    • Battle Gains
      There are some changes to how battle gains are handled. For starters, the remaining battle gains will no longer be automatically collected at the end of the arena battles - i.e. you need to use the Collect Battle Gains node in the battle end events.
      Collecting battle gains can now define if loot and status value gains are collected. Uncollected battle gains will be kept until collected at a later time or cleared (e.g. using the Clear Battle Gains node), and will also be saved with save games. All battle gain nodes are now available in all event types.
      The loot can now optionally be collected into an item box (using an item box ID), e.g. you can store all loot from a level into an item box for later collection.
    • Battle Menus: User Highlights
      You can optionally highlight the user of a battle menu.
      The user can be highlighted using a cursor, blinking the game object and blinking the HUD. The highlight remains until the menu is closed.
    • Status Effects: Effect End
      Ending after Turn has been split into Turn Start and Turn End.
      Turn Start behaves like the current Turn selection, i.e. reducing the turns/ending at the start of a combatants turn.
      The new Turn End will reduce turns/end at the end of a combatants turn. You can optionally give a bonus turn when the user and target are the same combatant, e.g. to prevent 1 turn effects to stop right after casting them in the same turn.
    • Status Effects: Status Conditions
      The Set On selection has also been updated. Like End After, the Turn selection has been split into Turn Start (using the condition at the start of a combatant's turn, like it's now) and Turn End (using the condition at the end of a combatant's turn).
      The Cast selection is now named Apply (using the condition when the effect is applied, like it's now), the new Remove selection will use the condition when the effect is removed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Perfect, can't wait!
  • Renumbered to ORK 2.9.0 due to the massive amount of new features and changes :)
    • Battle Grid Settings: Combatant Placement
      Enabling the new Select Battle Group setting will turn the combatant placement into a battle group selection.
      You can select from all members of the player group, all placed combatants will be part of the battle group (selection ends after the group is full). If there are locked battle members, they'll have to be placed first.
    • Abilities, Items: Raycast Settings
      Several updates to the raycast target selection (when used by a player controlled combatant):
      You can now optionally block the player/camera controls during raycasts.
      You can highlight the raycast user with a prefab, game object and HUD blinking, e.g. use a prefab showing the use range of the ability.
      You can use a prefab cursor to show the position of the raycast.
      Instead of using click/touch, you can also move the raycast cursor with input keys, using accept to select a position.
      The raycast is now limited to an areay within the use range of the ability.
  • Also coming (sponsored by @Bantichai) - combatants can now be bought in shops!
    • Shops: Combatants
      Shops now allow selling combatants to the player.
      Combatants added to a shop will join the player's group when being bought.
    • Shop Layouts: List Box
      Optionally use a different content layout for buttons representing combatants.
      Allows either using the default combatant choice layout or overriding it with a custom layout - both support displaying complex information using HUD elements.
    • Shop Layouts: Buy Combatant Info
      Optionally display a detailed information box about a combatant that can be bought in a shop.
      Can either be used as a HUD (only displaying the info while a combatant is selected) or as a details dialogue (being shown after accepting a selected combatant).
    • Shop Layouts: Buy/Sell Question
      Optionally display a question dialogue to confirm buying or selling items.
      The question dialogue will be displayed after the quantity selection.
    • Event System: Shop Nodes
      New nodes for managing stored shops (i.e. shops that have Save Shop enabled in their settings).
      The Add To Shop node adds new content to a shop (items, weapons, armors, abilities and combatants).
      The Check Shop Stock node checks the number of different items in a shop (e.g. check if more than 10 combatants are sold in the shop).
      The Clear Shop Data node either removes all items from a shop (making it empty) or removes the stored shop completely (resetting it).
  • edited November 2016
    Damn, can't wait for this update!!! thanx again @Bantichai and @GIL
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • I did not think I could be any better.
    Any intention to implement camera and drive, more suitable for mobile?
  • So excited for all these, particularly abilit to buy combatants from shops. Have always wanted that.