Me again :D

Right so i spent a day learning how to set up a unet project, managed to get a makinom controlled character, spawned via Unity's NetworkManager using NetworkManagerHUD. It worked both on LAN and Online fine (had to change server to USA to test with my friend as im in the UK but i got it all working including correct control movement, camera's, and synced animations! Just change the MakinomMachines to check isLocalPlayer etc and have a machine enable certain components (camera enable, aud listener etc), which i think is correct?)

I have tried to set up a schematic instead...

Show Dialogue - 1. Host > Start Server (Default Port) > Start Client (Set Ready, Local Client) > SpawnPlayer (NetworkSpawn)
2. Join > Start Client (Default Connection) > Spawn Player (NetworkSpawn)

Again that works absolutely fine, although I cant seem to see how I can get it working online. I am guessing the above schematic set up is for LAN only, How do I get it to connect through Unet and play with my friend in USA etc.

(I havent had chance to test the Makinom set up with my friend yet! I have tested the NetworkManagerHUD unity method and that works fine though (using makinom controls etc from UK server to USA server spawned via NetworkManager)

Thanks again!
  • I think UNET currently only allows LAN hosting, unless you're using Unity's matchmaking system.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Sorry to bump old thread.

Just gone back to looking at unet again and im running into some issues...

My main issue is Unity's matchmaking system. I have the players spawned via Unitys NetworkLobbyManager...The player and camera etc is controlled via makinom so far so good...That is until i try and sync variables or spawn an object through makinom, it throw's an error that it cant find local connection...Im guessing it's because Im using Unitys NetworkManager and im trying to spawn the object/sync vars through Makinoms network manager? I'm currently having to call Network.SpawnPrefab from a c# code instead that works fine.

Is there any way I can make that compatible with makinom? Or will I have to custom code some bits?

Just figured out how to do LAN android - android, PC - android etc through NetworkLobbyManager, Im guessing Makinom can do that too which does ease pressure on the matchmaking side of things for the time being!

Thanks!

• You'll probably have to do some custom scripting here. Makinom uses its own network manager implementation - I'm not sure if Unity allows having multiple network managers running. If that's possible, there shouldn't really be a problem having Makinom's network manager handling variable sync.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok no problem! Various ways around it, but I think I have android LAN figured out via just Makinom which saves me having to pay for/using matchmaking service! I will probably stick with Makinom's network manager for the time being! I'll continue to experiment! :) P.S the reflection fields and pop up's are a life saver in the new makinom update!
  • Hey @onefivefour ,
    Check your private messages. I would be honored if you could give me a hand with adding multiplayer to a game i am creating. Thanks,
    RF