edited January 2017 in ORK Support
To start off I would just like to say that ORK is by far the best thing I bought last year!

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but I've updated my game to unity 5.5 and ORK 2.9.1. It is using the top down boarder camera controls and the default vertical and horizontal axis buttons (arrow keys) for controls which work fine for left, right, up and down. If I press up and right together before updating my character would move at a 45 degrees but now with 2.9.1 it moves at 75-80 degree angle. I get similar results when using any other diagonal combination.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it a known bug? Or more than likely have I missed a new option in 2.9.1 that is causing this?

Any help would be appreciated because it worked fine with ORK 2.9.0.

Thanks

Jon
Post edited by jonjaydee on
  • Well I've rolled back to 2.9.0 and all is working again.

Updated again and I get the same problem. I'm guessing it's something to do with the new camera controls (rotate, pan). For now I'm going to stick with version 2.9.0 until this is fixed.

• I can't confirm this - working fine here. Check the Camera Direction Offset setting in your player controls (should be set to 0).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hi Gil,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have access to my project at the moment but will double check camera direction offset, pretty sure it is set to 0. If it is set to 0 I'll send some more information later to night/tomorrow to see if you can recreate it.

Thanks
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Gil,

I've done some testing and its down to the distance variable, I have the distance set to 5 and height set to 30 in camera controls and use camera direction on player controls is switched on. This gives me the desired camera angle for my game anything over 5 throws things out due to it being a 2.5d game.

If the distance is set to 0 the diagonals don’t work.
    if the distance is set to 5 then up and right sets the player rotation to 80
    if the distance is set to 10 then up and right sets the player rotation to 69
    if the distance is set to 15 then up and right sets the player rotation to 62
    etc.

I tested this by loading up the Ork demo and deleting the camera events then setting the camera controls to a distance of 5 and the height to 30 it gives me the same results as I'm getting in my game. I also reproduced it in a new project and each time it pointed towards the distance setting.

A distance of 5 always worked in Ork 2.9.0 and below.

below is a screen shot of my camera and player control settings within Ork.

Is there anything that can be done without amending the distance from 5 that will get diagonal rotation of the player somewhere between 55 and 45?

Thanks

Jon
    Post edited by jonjaydee on
  • Yep, I can confirm this behaviour on close camera distances - will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks Gil, it's greatly appreciated.