edited February 2017 in ORK Support
Hello

I am making action RPG for iOS.
I shake my sword from a custom controller in battle or defend it with a sword, but the performance has not come out very much.

I am looking at Profiler 's Deep Profile.
Looking at ORKHandler, it is such a state, but is there something wrong?

profiler screen shot
https://i.imgur.com/8MYt8Hb.png
Post edited by joeee19 on

• I have set a health gauge according to this.(but "New Gui")
    http://orkframework.com/tutorial/game-tutorial/27-a-simple-hud/

I do not know when it is from the version (when pooling was implemented?), It's very slow, so check it out, perhaps when every abilities invokes or actions during battle the text object in PlayerHUD canvas Local position is changing drastically, and performance is delayed because Canvas.builder is executed every frame.

This is something Strange.
  • Performance depends on what's going on alltogether. E.g. the number of enemies, what's happening in their battle events, etc.

Are you using the latest ORK version?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • ORK is Latest version of fixed WaterMark.

If there is text in the Canvas as when Player HUD is set to New UI, if attack is executed with real time battle, the Local Position.x of the text object displaying "HP"(%n) is updated x=0 by 1 frame on hierarchy and scene window.
    and next frame position will back.

Q1.
    Is this normal movement?
    Since HP(%n) is not variable , updating is useless.
    As a result, Canvas is rebuilt every time attacks are done, which is one of the performance loads.

Q2.
    It is difficult to identify which node of which battle event is slow.
    Is there a way to output logs such as node names as in Debug mode?
  • The HUDs will only rebuild if there was a change, e.g. if the combatant took damage. While this naturally has an influence on performance, it's not really that high, as ORK is pooling and reusing the UI objects.
    Unless there is a constant change, these HUD rebuilds are limited, single events without much impact.

Outputting the node names in the console would only be possible if you add that in the ORK code - and just printing them there will already impact your performance heavily, making it hard to identify the correct node. The profiler screenshot you posted shows that Enable Component nodes are responsible for some of the performance drawback.

You have to keep in mind that the profiler will also impact the performance - especially using deep profile more than doubles the ms recorded.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you.
    It may be setting something that the state changes every frame.
    I will review the enable component.

"ORK Code" means that you should directly extract ORK Source code.zip and add Debub.Log etc in place?
    Or do you have any classes or events called ORK.xxx?

In the case of Source, I would like to try it, but what if I want to output the node name of a Battle Event, what is a class name good to do?
  • ORK code refers to the gameplay source code provided with the full version of ORK in the separate zip file. You'd have to output the name of the next node that will be called in the battle event's code.

For battle events, the class is named BattleEvent and can be found at Gameplay/Events/ in the source code project. The ExecuteNextStep function is where you'd need to put the debug output.