I have some troubles while recreating battle system from Phantasy Star IV.

1)How can I create combo-attacks like in original PSIV? What Exactly should I do to make them work like this
Trying to do this for month with no results.

2)How exactly works Attack and Defence attributes?
  • 1) Attack macros like this aren't possible.

2) You can find a how-to on attack/defence attributes here.
    The short answer is, they work like a modifier, e.g. a value of 100 would do 100 % damage, 150 does 150 % damage, etc.
    Negative values will turn damage to regeneration, e.g. -50 regenerates 50 %.

Attack attributes are assigned to attacks and use the target's value, e.g. a fire attack uses the target's fire attribute for calculation.
    Defence attributes are assigned to combatants and use the attacker's value, e.g. attacking an insect uses the attacker's insect attribute.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • OK. Get it about macros.
    But in original PSIV combo attacks performed by just performing required for a combo magic or skills, not just in macro. Example: casting Wat and Zan creates combo-attack Blizzard, but other 3 chars can do what they want.
    I want to know how to make THIS.
  • I'll need more input - are the abilities used by the same combatant in sequence or by 2 combatants in the same row?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 2 combatants in the same row
  • Hm, yeah - I don't think that is currently possible.