Dear @gamingislove ,

As I love your work, and I use it as my main framework on the game I'm making, with like 1+ year more in development for sure, I would really love to know some of the future features on ORK, I know that is not easy to do, and I'm not asking for a road-map, just your thoughts so we can get an idea of what is coming for this awesome framework.

Will we see ORK 3? Will that be import-compatible with ORK 2? Any thoughts on Networking? Co-working? give us something :D

Best Regards!
  • Beside my long list of big and small features/improvements, most of the updates depend on the requests made by users, so there's no road-map in that regard.

Yes, ORK 3 will be happening - I'd actually planned to already be working on it, but I've been pretty busy with payed feature updates the last months. When ORK 3 is coming, you'll be able to upgrade your ORK 2 project (mostly automatic), and it'll also have better co-working support.
    I'll open a topic for ORK 3 sooner or later to give everyone some insights on it.

Networking will probably never be a built-in thing. Neither am I an expert in that matter, nor am I really interested in it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2017
    The "upgrade your ORK 2 project (mostly automatic)" made me smile, and its what I wanted to hear.

Thank you GIL!

As far goes to Networking, I guess Unity is not helping for something BIG in that matter, but for the shake of 2-4 players co-op for example, it would be cool if some members here could make a patch around this, mostly to have spawning combatants with a network feature (so you can have player1,2 etc.) wouldnt be that big of a project.

Post edited by dlevel on
  • Multiplayer schmultiplayer. ;-)

I'm fine with ORK being the ultimate solution for single player RPGs. There are other assets more focused on multiplayer RPGs.

Better support for multiple developers is probably the most crucial feature.
  • the main thing is it's nice to know that Ork has a planned future, in some form or other

to be honest i'm not greatly interested in multiplayer or multideveloper. top of my personal wishlist would probably be better intrinsic player/camera controls built into the next version. sure it's possible to replace them, but that's never quite as simple as it sounds, and it would be nice if the user could just sit down and start writing their game using Ork right out of the box, with modern player and camera controls built in

(but, if that doesn't happen, well, it wouldn't be the end of the world)
  • edited June 2017
    Yeah I get you, that was also one of my priorities, but then I started messing around with integrating other controllers, and got the results I wanted.

Multi-dev is a cool feature because you can use someone novice in game-dev just for data entry (armors-weapons-items-quests).
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited July 2017
    Heh, came to forum with same question. It's good that it will mostly be possible to easily import ORK 2 project into ORK 3. I want to dive heavily into RPG development sometime during September and that was my big concern.

Feature wise I would love to see Grid Based combat expanded and more PC RPG style features available out of the box.

The greatest feature I'd like to see from ORK 3, would more decentralized and easily modifiable Database. So it would be possible for multiple people to work on it and it would easier to change or replace some of ORK's features.

I know ORK's main vision is all in one RPG solution, but I think with the way asset store plugins have evolved ability to pick and choose what to use from each plugin is something a lot of users will want to see. I certainly would love to.
    Post edited by hellwalker on
  • edited July 2017
    "Yes, ORK 3 will be happening - I'd actually planned to already be working on it, but I've been pretty busy with payed feature updates the last months." Sorry guys, that's my fault :P

I think for what we've paid for, getting such a solid framework for $100 is a steal. I really want to urge you guys that if their are features you want to see in ORK, don't hesitate to ask GiL for a commission. Everyone benefits when there are public updates, don't sit back and wait.

@hellwalker There is a huge list of upcoming updates to grid combat that I have commissioned. Event nodes for setting up an "Attack of Opportunity", nodes to set up grid knockbacks, battle camera, extensive grid highlight updates, UI updates, examine grid updates, etc :)

In regards to the future of ORK, on my side there are still things I'd like to see implemented in ORK so I'll be continuing to work closely with GiL over the next few months :)
    Post edited by Bantichai on
  • As i already suggested, i would really like to support GiL in a continuos way for his constant work on the framework, that's why last thing i proposed was a sort of Patreon system. So, when ORK3 is going to be the next rocking station, i will be glad to purchase the product whatever are the features. :-)

As far as i am concerned, one thing i would really like would be the random assignment of props to item (and monsters maybe), like Diablo, MM and others rpg: it is the real lacking option in my opinion. I am not saying that the framework is missing something, i really love it, but i feel that it would make it perfect for any rpg.
    Other small upgrades would be GUI visual approch (like a drag and drop system, maybe somethink like events) and a better ready-to-go controls.

Meanwhile, i am fully satisfied with ORK 2 boost. :-D
  • edited September 2017
    To be honest, after a good thought about it, the most desired features for ORK 3 for me would be:

1) UI, This one is big, we need another way of working with UI and utilize the Unity New UI system outside of the framework, someone mentioned somewhere in this forum about having all the stats/values etc. outside of ORK and use them in our New UI prefabs, this might be a solution, but every game I see in here, including mine, lacks a good modern UI.

2) Multi-Developers support, This one is already confirmed.

Seriously these 2 might just make me pay for a newer version. Other than these big changes, all the Battle and AI systems, Events etc. are always taking care from GIL, with constant updates and fixes and at the end, we get what we ask. But I believe that the UI part of ORK just needs to be built from the ground up, and that is what I hope for ORK 3 :)
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • I'll second on better support for uGUI.
  • ORK 3? Sign me up baby!
  • edited September 2017
    I just hope for events to encompass some of the hard coded stuff, like target selection. (for better manipulation)
    Post edited by Kale on