edited June 2017 in ORK Support
Hi,
As I know, we CAN'T set the damage values individually according to the ability level, we CAN set it in the Target Changes in ability settings using Formula.
But we CAN'T get the current ability level in Formula node editor, right?
So how can I set the damage according to the current ability level?
Post edited by bitmore on
  • edited May 2017
    You can pass the level as the formula's Initial Value, or add it as an Ability Variable (which can be accessed in the formula through the Selected variable origin (action selected key).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2017
    Hi,
    Thanks for your help. I tried your answer, using the Ability Variable and try to get the variable value in the formula.
    According to this tutorial: http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/selected-data/
    It says: Battle events and formulas used by abilities and items will automatically add the ability/item with the selected key action to the selected data.
    Is that I don't have to add Selected Data node in the formula?

I can't get the value of the Ability Variable by using the Value node. This formula is used by the Target Changes of the Ability.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Post edited by bitmore on
  • bitmore said: According to this tutorial: http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/selected-data/
    It says: Battle events and formulas used by abilities and items will automatically add the ability/item with the selected key action to the selected data.
    Is that I don't have to add Selected Data node in the formula?
    This means that the ability variables are available through the selected key action automatically.
    I.e. to get your setup going, you need to set Value below the setting of the Selected Key in your node to action.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks very much. It works :)