edited July 2017 in Announcements
ORK Framework 2.12.0 is here: release notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another feature-heavy update with many things sponsored by @Bantichai is currently in development - release probably by the end of June.

Most noteworthy updates are:
  • Update to the battle camera
    The automatic battle camera can optionally be used in addition to the event camera changes and now also supports using the camera control target changes from built-in (and custom cameras derived from the BaseCameraControl class).
  • Update to status previews
    Beside being able to switch between previewed stats and the real stats (e.g. having a HUD blink between preview and real stats), you can also display status value changes that represent a range instead of using a single value. This can be displayed in texts (e.g. Damage 35~50) as well as on value bars (adding new bar image/color settings for positive and negative change ranges). You can also display a text for stats that aren't being changed, and other things.
  • Grid Highlights
    New grid highlights (e.g. for the currently selecting combatant or available targets) and hiding selected highlights when hovering the cursor over a GUI box.
  • Grid Event Nodes
    There'll be a bunch of new event nodes for grid battles :)
  • Custom Choice Skins
    You can optionally use custom skins for choices/buttons (i.e. GUISkin or prefab based on what GUI system you're using).
    Available pretty much wherever you define a choice/button or content layout, e.g. the different layouts for research item states in the research menu.
  • Shortcut Lists
    You can access different shortcut lists everywhere, e.g. HUDs and control maps are no longer limited to using the currently active shortcut list of a combatant.
  • Combatant HUD Tooltips
    Certain combatant HUD elements can display tooltips when hovering over them, e.g. status values or attack/defence attributes.
  • Event System: Combatant Selections
    The new Combatant Selection Dialogue node allows selecting a combatant from a list of combatants (e.g. the active player group or all inactive members of a group) and stores it into selected data.
    Furthermore, all active group nodes now allow optionally using a different group (e.g. a defined group ID or the group of a defined combatant). In combination this allows you to create custom group management systems, and generally more flexibility when working with groups :)
  • Sub Battle Actions
    The Use Battle Action node can optionally fire a selected action as a sub-action of the battle action the event is used by.
    This means you can immediately fire an action within an action and wait for that action to finish before resuming the original action (or use it while the original continues).
Post edited by gamingislove on
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2017
    I've secretly been wanting to use the auto camera with event cameras. I cannot express how happy that makes me.

Bantichai, thanks for your support!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • Glad to hear this! After a long hiatus, I've gotten back into ORK development and I'm eager to try out the new Grid combat.

Thanks again for your commitment to supporting ORK!
  • I hope if you guys also have feature requests that you commission GIL to put it in the public build, together we can all help make ORK even better :)
  • Small excerpt of the very long list of upcoming features:
    • Custom Choice Skins
      You can optionally use custom skins for choices/buttons (i.e. GUISkin or prefab based on what GUI system you're using).
      Available pretty much wherever you define a choice/button or content layout, e.g. the different layouts for research item states in the research menu.
    • Shortcut Lists
      You can access different shortcut lists everywhere, e.g. HUDs and control maps are no longer limited to using the currently active shortcut list of a combatant.
    • Combatant HUD Tooltips
      Certain combatant HUD elements can display tooltips when hovering over them, e.g. status values or attack/defence attributes.
    • Event System: Combatant Selections
      The new Combatant Selection Dialogue node allows selecting a combatant from a list of combatants (e.g. the active player group or all inactive members of a group) and stores it into selected data.
      Furthermore, all active group nodes now allow optionally using a different group (e.g. a defined group ID or the group of a defined combatant). In combination this allows you to create custom group management systems, and generally more flexibility when working with groups :)
    • Sub Battle Actions
      The Use Battle Action node can optionally fire a selected action as a sub-action of the battle action the event is used by.
      This means you can immediately fire an action within an action and wait for that action to finish before resuming the original action (or use it while the original continues).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Very happy to see that UI is taking some love in the latest updates :)
  • The UI is getting even more love:
    • Icon Size
      Finally, you get more control over icon sizes displayed in ORK's UI!
      Beside a global icon size setting in the menu settings (defaults to using the original size of the icons), you can also override that per GUI box and choice (alongside the custom choice skins).
      Additionally, you can use text codes to change icon sizes, either with the new #iconsize# text code to set the size for all following icons (e.g. #iconsize#w100# sets all icons to a width of 100 while scaling the height accordingly) or by adding size information to an icon text code (e.g. #ability.icon2#h50#
      displays the icon of ability ID 2 with a height of 50 while scaling the width accordingly).
    Again, thankgs to @Bantichai for sponsoring this and many of the other features coming in this update :)
  • You can expect ORK 2.12.0 to be released tomorrow - unless some issues pop up :D
  • Day off from project today, backing up and waiting for the release :D thank you GIL!
  • Excellent, tomorrow is a day off for me as well :)
  • edited July 2017
    ORK Framework 2.12.0 is here: release notes

This update brings new UI features, updates for controls, the battle camera, new grid highlights and lots of new event nodes, and many other new features, changes and fixes.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • :O !! HUGE update!!! downloading :)
  • WoW! Tons of feaures! Thanks GiL, and thanks to @Bantichai !
  • Good Job GIL!
    Great work!
    Fun times :)
  • is there a save game bug. In the Tutorial i can not choose my Save game in 2.11 it works fine.
  • @Aceego
    Do you get an error message in the Unity console?
    Working fine on my end (checked the tutorial project).