ORK Framework 2.11.2 is here: release notes

This udpate adds an urgent fix for a bug when using Individual inventories (and some UI changes/fixes).
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • respect.
  • edited May 2017
    I get an error in this version when I try and open a combatant type HUD with the GUI editor. Using latest version of Unity(5.6.1f1) and ORK.

Easy to re-create error:
    Create a new HUD, set the HUD type to combatant, click open in GUI editor, editor freezes.

This is the error message in unity output log:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    ORKFramework.Editor.HUDGUIEditor.ShowWYSIWYG (Boolean forceSize, Boolean allWires)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKGUIEditor.Show ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Hope this helps fix it, Thanks.
    Post edited by matzart on
  • edited May 2017
    I noticed something odd.
    Under Combatants > Combatants
    If you select say Brown Pants then Edit text

The text input drags severely in speed. Its only the Combatants > Combatants menu the rest of them are fine to my knowledge. Also affects the fields where you would Check Set Object Name and then type in the manual ones or the offset values

It works, its just really slow. Easy work around is to just paste in the content from notepad.
    Post edited by paulgswanson on
  • @matzart
    Yep, that's a bug - will be fixed in the next update.

@paulgswanson
    That's due to the amount of settings available for combatants. It should perform better if you close the other foldouts (e.g. using the Close button beside the search bar).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Yeah that makes complete sense. I just dont recall it doing it in the past. But then again...my memory is dodgy sometimes lol
  • I don't know if its my project, but I noticed that anytime I save a game, auto or otherwise, it duplicates the entire inventory when that save is reloaded. There is double what was there when it was saved. Ive checked my settings and don't see why it would happen, and it never used to. Could someone else check if this happens as well with latest version?

For example I have 100 gold, 3 hp potions when I save. Exit and reload and I now have 200 gold and 6 hp potions. bug.?
  • I'll look into it.
  • Thanks for looking into that gil, I have some more info about it.

Seems its not actually duplicating the inventory, but re-gives the combatants starting items when the save is reloaded, as if its a new game(which made me think it was doubling). Any items or gold set on a combatants start inventory setting are added after reloading a save.
  • @matzart
    Sorry for not replying back earlier - I already found the issue (adding the start inventory again) and it'll be fixed in the next update :)
  • Np, glad to hear the bug has been squashed :)