I'm trying to set up a menu the player can call with a button press that will pause the game and allow him to select from continue and save and exit options. I have the options working fine, but I'm having trouble with the pause. If I put a pause game node in then the options in my show dialog node can't be selected. I know I can change the game state to inactive but that's not ideal since enemies and bullets that are still in the middle of a machine can continue moving until their machine stops, resulting in the player taking hits while he thinks the game is paused. Is there any way to be able to select options in a dialog node while the game is paused?
  • You could instead just set the time scale to 0 instead of using pause game. Don't forget to reset it after the dialogue :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Changing the time scale worked perfectly, thanks!