• Catacomber said: The ORK Framework is currently Deal of the Day in the Unity Asset Store--24 hour sale---while it lasts--if you've been waiting for it to go on sale---snap it up! : D I don't know exactly when the 24 hour period ends but if you want it, get it before that period expires.
    Just tweeted this out, we gotta grow this community!

These are all the tools I use when pitching demos. I also use various pieces of art (environment and character assets) depending on the mood and look of the pitch.

- ORK
    - Mekinom
    - Chronos
    - ProBuilder
    - All Sky
    - Colorful FX
    - Fracturing Destruction
    - Particle Playground
    - World Streamer
    - TerraVol
    - RTP

You will always fail at what you do not try.
  • edited June 2016
    Has anyone gotten any procedural generation assets working in ORK yet? Such as DunGen and Dungeon Architect!
    Post edited by Griffin on
  • edited June 2016
    No. I usually use a random dungeon editor --not DunGen although I have it---that I can save a level as a scene and use a spawn point there for the player.

However you might experiment with DunGen--I think you can do that---save a level as a scene if you just want to generate a scene and spawn your player.

As for procedural generation--I haven't tried it--if you put a save point on the object that has the script to generate a new scene and your player collides with it on trigger enter it might work. On my to do list. : ) The thing is you don't know where you'd spawn so you couldn't put a save point---you could only get your player back to the save point on the random generator object.

I like Digital Forest's Random Dungeon Generator because it saves me a lot of time on generating a level. But I save it as a level and delete the objects that would generate a new dungeon randomly.

Will see at some point what would happen if I don't do that. : )
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • edited July 2016
    Does anyone know if Opsive completed his TPC integration with Ork? Last time I was working with projectiles using a standard controller and Ork functions to move projectiles. It was kind of a headache. Any information would be appreciated regarding this subject.

Edit: Sent Opsive an email, he kindly replied that it's being worked on.
    Post edited by Balive on
  • edited July 2016
    Keldryn is working on ORKsive--his full integration--he has a separate thread here. : )

http://forum.orkframework.com/discussion/3335/wip-project-orksive-full-integration-with-opsive-s-third-person-controller/p1

Evil's RPG and MMO UI3 for UGUI is on sale!
    Post edited by Catacomber on
  • Many great Unity assets are on sale for 11 days (don't know when the clock started ticking though). Among them--

Inventory Pro
    Behavior Designer
    Alloy Physical Shader
    Shader Forge
    Beautify

and many more. : )
  • has anyone tried integrating
    Inventory Pro and ORK?
  • so... Sky master ultimate has script that will allow ork framework to take control of its time features using a "time" variable. I will do the time and date tutorial -as soon as the ork update happens - I will test the script and post the results.

...in case others are using sky master too.
  • Not using it right now but you have me very interested. Looking forward to your tutorial.
  • Integration with Skymaster Pro would be majestic. Integration with inventory pro would be better yet!
  • All Star Character Collection is currently on sale for 35$ normally 150 apparently.
    Pretty good for prototyping looks like.

https://assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/43181

Just poked around in it and its pretty diverse. Seems to lack a female fantasy civilian group but the rest of its really rounded out.
  • @paulgswanson - it's been on sale for $35 since last August. So nobody needs to be in a huge rush. ;-) I think that it just wasn't profitable, so the artist pretty much abandoned it.

Not worth $150 by any stretch of the imagination, but $35 is a good deal. I believe I paid $50 for it quite a while back. Good for prototyping, as you said.
  • i paid rather a lot more than $35 for the collection, a year or so back, and completed a couple of games using the modern dress characters

they were clearly a bit lo-res even then, but i was happy enough with them, and if you're not looking to create top of the range AAA games then i think they're a decent enough collection, especially for only $35

• Here are some assets I've been using and have been impressed with:

Double Sided Shaders - No idea why these don't come standard. Allows single poly objects to be seen front and back

3rd Person Controller + Fly Mode - A good free 3rd person controller

AllSky - Don't know what other skyboxes you would even need!

Free Footsteps System - SO good. You won't regret using this.

Particle Scaler Tool - for all those times your particle effects are too big or small

I've also created some lists you can browse. I haven't tried a lot of the assets in them, though:

jRPG Assets 1
    jRPG Assets 2
    Good Free Assets
    Free Props
    Olive Branches ~ in development ~ now with a WEBSITE!!!