• edited June 2017
    Changes to Ork Prefab data don't always "Stick"

To replicate:

> Add an empty GameObject
    > Add an Interaction Component to it (doesn't matter the details)
    > Save the GameObject as a Prefab, and then delete it from the Hierarchy
    > Select the newly saved Prefab in the Project Window
    > Change e.g. the Interaction Start Type on the Prefab from "Interaction" to "Autostart"
    > Close and reopen Unity
    > Select the Saved Prefab in the Project Window, and examine its data

What happens next seems a bit random. Sometimes the new Interaction Start Type (or whatever it is you've changed) will have changed correctly. But other times the change hasn't been registered by the Prefab at all, so, you think you've changed a field on a Prefab to something, but in reality you haven't

Now that I've noticed it happening I'm pretty sure it has got me a number of times now in various situations

Dunno if it's down to Unity, Ork, Unity/Ork, my particular configuration, or... something else, but it happens for me in any Project I've tried it in, and I've only ever encountered it (or at least noticed it) when changing data in Ork Components. Things like simple Transforms seem to change and stick without problems
    Post edited by HarryOminous on
  • edited June 2017
    ORK 2.11.2

OrkFramework Editor Errors:

Occurs When In Menus>HUDs > Open in GUI Editor

seems to only give error with HUD Type Combatant

CONSOLE WINDOW:

InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    ORKFramework.Editor.HUDGUIEditor.ShowWYSIWYG (Boolean forceSize, Boolean allWires)
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKGUIEditor.Show ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Tooltip Bug:

Tooltip for Status Value Upgrades when enabled doesn't seem to be working

Post edited by tribbles on
  • Hallo Gil,
    I added a small fix into the Framework. I have a "Rotate Camera Around" Event in my BattleEnd Event, but after the battle the transform is deleted (its PlayerGroup center) and I get a stream of errors. I therefore modified the line 210 in CameraEventMover to this:

else if(this.target != null && this.rotating && !ORK.Game.Paused)

It prevents the error messege from spamming for the rest of the game.
  • Hello Gil,

ORK 2.12.0 seems to have caused a bug that the back node sometimes stops working if there is a not enable node between the event nodes.

https://www.evernote.com/l/AAON-zoZFLxI34kaqWSrmuwZsrqW89H7llY
  • Not sure if this bug has been mentioned but thought I'd leave a comment just in case.

Unity crashes whenever I attempt to add a text modifier (i.e. bold, left alignment, etc) to a HUD's status element while in the GUI Editor (in the text editor after clicking the "Edit Text" button). Specifically, it occurs when the element type is a status effect. Haven't thoroughly tested other types of status elements.
  • Hello.
    I am not good at English.
    Activating "Drop Items" in "Battle Gains Collection" and picking up an item will double the Inventory Space of the Item picked up by Space Limit.
    For example I can have up to 20.
    Picking up one apples weighing 1 will result in 18.
    Please correct it.
  • @joeee19, @thall, @crgs
    Will be fixed in the next update.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hello,

Base Defend Rate influence on ability use costs.
  • @Ondatr
    Could you be a bit more specific? What's the issue you're having and how do you want it work?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • For example turn-based battle, 5 actions per turn allowed.
    Defend cost 1 ap, do not end the turn, giving a combatant by default 50% damage reduction AND halving all abilities use cost for this turn.
    I.e. originally the fireball ability costs are, say, 12 mana points and 3 action points. After using "defend" command the fireball costs becoming 6 mana points(12 * 50% base defend rate) and 1 action point (rounding down) until next turn.
  • Ah, ok ... yeah, that's definitely an issue, I'll look into it :)
  • hello :)

I found probrem when save game.
    If you attempt to save with interact, this nullreference will be printed.
    The ORK Version is 2.12.0.

-----------
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.SaveGameChoice.ShowQuestion ()
    ORKFramework.SaveGameChoice.ChoiceSelected (Int32 index, ORKFramework.GUIBox origin)
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.OkPressed ()
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.ChoiceClicked (Int32 index)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.UIChoiceButtonComponent.ClickDelegate ()
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:154)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:637)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent.cs:773)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/UnityEvent_0.cs:52)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:35)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/UI/Core/Button.cs:44)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/guisystem/UnityEngine.UI/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.ORKInputModule:ProcessTouchPress(PointerEventData, Boolean, Boolean)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.ORKInputModule:ProcessTouchEvents()
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.ORKInputModule:Process()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
  • Individual Combatant HUDs don't display for UMA characters.

I can get a HUD to display when using a prefab that has a regular character model, but if I swap that prefab for a UMA character, I don't get an individual HUD to display. It doesn't even appear anywhere in the scene hierarchy. This happens whether I specify the HUD to appear on a child transform or if I leave that blank.

Simply adding the DynamicCharacterAvatar component to the character seems to cause this. I can have it working on a prefab, and then if just add that UMA component and hide the original character model, the individual HUD no longer displays.

Even though I don't have a child path defined for the HUD, I'm assuming that an exception is getting thrown somewhere because the UMA character's geo and skeleton is still being created when the HUD is first being added. I find that I often have to use coroutines when setting things up on a UMA character so that I don't get null references while the UMA is being created.
  • @joeee19
    Check your save game settings in Menus > Save Game Menu, especially the save/load game menu settings.

@Keldryn
    That's most likely coming from the fact that the HUD is created for the initial game object, before it's replaced by the one created by UMA. The initial object is no longer visible, i.e. the HUD will not be visible.
  • In ork 2.13 save games dont seem to keep a weapons overridden attack, it reverts to the base attack, I have to un-equip re-equip the weapon whenever I load a game for it to use the proper attack, does not happen in 2.12.

For example I have a gun attack that has a bigger use range. If I load a game with gun equipped and walk towards a creature, he wont use the gun attack but the basic punch attack that has a short range. As soon as I un-equip then re-equip the gun it works normally.