For the sake of reducing redundancy I'd like to have both utilize the same scene scripts wherever possible.
Is this plausible, especially for utilizing both simultaneously?

Currently evaluating both in my Unity pipeline with other assets all running at the same time then this workflow organization bottleneck occurred to me. Although they both are separate products I'd really like to be able to streamline the scene setups with less clutter between the two so that there's fewer icons stacked upon each other in the scene view or perhaps there's a need for combined Makinom/ORK icons in the scene (i.e. share same {Tab Data for} Game Starter, Base/Control, Game, and Menu, etc.) would help avoid some visual conflicts.
So far I'm only able to share common machine and variable scripts across scene objects (obviously works as advertised).
I'm still getting the hang of them so please advise if I've overlooked such a feature if it already exist.

Thanks for your attention,
Carlton.
  • kwiknip said: streamline the scene setups with less clutter between the two so that there's fewer icons stacked upon each other in the scene view
    Example screen shot:imageI'm aware the scene gizmos can be resized or turned off so that they don't completely block the character but doing so doesn't appear to apply an offset nor prevent the icons from overlapping each other. My wish is to have a way to apply an automatic offset to the Makinom/ORK gizmo icons else at the minimum give them a transform so that they can be moved manually like the Game Starter gizmos.
  • First of all, you don't need the game starters in every scene, just in your starting scene (or the first scene you want them to load). You'd only add them to multiple scenes for quick game testing without going through your start scene.
    Also, you should be able to add both ORK and Makinom game starters to the same game object, they're just components :)

As for the gizmos, yeah, I'd be cool if Unity would offer better functionality for this stuff ...
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • O.K., appreciate your clarification GiL.
    Upon closer inspection I also understand now that the tabbed features aren't identical as I previously thought to be in regards to functionality between ORK & Makinom. Obviously this is why the ORKMakinomConnectionPlugin was created.
    Can't believe I didn't realize this fact before I deemed them both as having duplicate features. My bad human side always try to unbalance the equation!