ORK Framework 2.13.2 is here: release notes

This update simply brings compatibility with Unity 2017.1.
Please note that ORK now requires Unity 2017.1 and all plugins have been updated.
Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My game is in its early stages with only events and formulas, so I"ll upgrade. But I was wondering, at what point should one stop upgrading Unity and Ork to avoid breaking their game?
  • edited August 2017
    Sweet!

@UserName

Generally dev teams try to lock down their engine versions and third party stuff at or before the halfway point in development. There's no real set-in-stone rule for it though, though.

But generally the larger the project, the more people working on it, the less you want to factor in the headache of updates breaking stuff. If you're by yourself or in a small team, I wouldn't worry so much about it; but I WOULD make copious backups for each version in case something breaks.
    Post edited by Kirb on
    Tactics RPG Grid Battle System for ORK
    ---------------------------------------
    Personal Twitter: https://twitter.com/AMO_Crate
    I make RFI! https://twitter.com/NootboxGames
  • In script, what happened to

PortraitWithType

Looked through the release notes and didn't see anything (unless I overlooked it).

Thanks
  • @UserName
    I'd generally say that as long as you don't need a new feature or bugfix from a new Unity or ORK version, you can stick with whatever version you're working at the time.

@keyboardcowboy
    That's now 2 different classes - TypeImagePortrait (for stuff without prefabs) and TypePrefabViewPortrait (for stuff with prefabs).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks GIL
  • Hello.
    I currently work with the old pro license of unity 5.6.
    There is no plan to update to unity 2017.
    I would like to obtain version 2.13.1, but what should I do?
  • @crgs
    Send me an email with your order/invoice number to contact@orkframework.com.
    Usually you should get the ORK version compatible with your Unity version automatically when downloading in the Asset Store - at least that was the case a while back ...
  • will need the same, will send you the invoice too.

thank you.