Hey guys I've got a question. So I finished all the tutorials for 3d, but how do I convert game to 2d.

My vision is a 2d hack n' slash sidesscrolling game like: swordigo, pankappu the dream keeper, shantae half genie half hero, etc.

How would I do this in ork.
Aside from changing the raycasts how do I:
-Make it so camera only follows character and doesn't rotate
-Talk to npc without having to run into them, instead just walk by them and be able to interact
-cinematic scenes that flow from image to image like pankappu
-make an enemy fly away on collision with attack, even flash a specific color
-spacific animations in game: double jump, wall jump, climb wall, swim

Thanks again for your help
  • There's a tutorial on 2d games, maybe it will answer some of your questions : http://orkframework.com/tutorial/howto/2d-games/
  • Thanks I read that And added my own custom control.
    I am using acrocatic asset for 2d character controller, since ork only has a 3d character controller. MY problem is ork is not seeing the character controller behaviour Player. Even though I added it, what am I doing wrong?
  • @euwarnii can you sharea screenshot of your custom control setup? I remember acrocatic using a modular approach (a separate script for each movement type) besides that it is for platforming type of movement.
  • Make sure the Behaviour Name is the actual name of the component's class.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you that worked, but how do i allow pressing a certain key to trigger an attack or combo?
  • Using control maps as explained in the game tutorials (#32).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!