• edited October 2017
    Hi Gil,

Here is just one example of many from my game. All screens were correct before updating to Ork 2.13.n. This example is a log entry.

So here is the error:

In the editor it looks like this:

Now if in the editor I amend just the word char to character like below:

The game looks like this:

This screen isn't really a problem because the text was just quickly typed up for some early alpha testing but some of the other screens are final versions so I can't really amend them.

Also there aren’t any errors in the unity console.
    Post edited by jonjaydee on
  • edited October 2017
    Hm ... I'll look into that.

Edit: Found the issue, will be fixed in the next update :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks Gil
  • edited October 2017
    ORK 2.14 New Node Move AI Start Position, if disable the Use Current Position, event freezes. It works fine as it is, just stating this "bug".
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • @dlevel
    Will be fixed in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Don't know if it's a bug or if I my configurations need some tuning, but here goes:

After upgrading to 2.14, I cannot switch between combatants if I've performed any action with currently selected combatant. This happens in phase battles with battle grid setup.

Example:

1. I have combatants A, B and C deployed to the grid.
    2. I click combatant B's gameobject --> B gets selected.
    3. I click combatant C's gameobject --> C gets selected.
    4. I perform grid move command with combatant C.
    5. I then click on combatant B's gameobject --> nothing happens.
    6. I then cancel out of the combatant C's battle menu and try to click combatant B's gameobject again --> nothing happens.
    7. I end the phase --> when the new phase starts I can switch between combatants again, but when I do perform any action with any combatant, then selecting combatants is disabled yet again.

Clicking HUD icons work, but the combatant selection actions seems to be somehow suppressed.
  • @l3p1
    I'll look into it - have you tried using the new input keys to switch between combatants?
  • edited October 2017
    Hmmm no that I didn't try, I'll test if those work and give an update.

UPDATE:
    Tried the new input keys and it appeared that they didn't work either :/

UPDATE 2:
    It might have something to do actually with the new input keys. I just noticed, that the End phase input key does not work either in the similar case.
    Post edited by l3p1 on
  • Found the issue - will be fixed in the next update :)
  • Hate to be a burden, but it seems the bug still partially exists in 2.14.1:

1. I select Combatant A, and perform Grid move
    2. After the Grid move, I try to select another combatant --> nothing happens. Also, if I try to end the phase, nothing happens.
    3. I cancel out from the Combatant A selection --> now I can select another combatant, or end the phase normally.

So it seems that now it works after canceling out of the selected combatant first. But still not when you first select combatant, perform an action with combatant, and try to switch to another combatant with the current combatant still selected.

Nice work on the update otherwise though!
  • Damn, you're correct ... sorry, I didn't try this for a multi-action setup, will be fixed in the next update :)
  • edited October 2017

EDIT: I figured out why its causing errors in the ork window for anyone that has the same problem . I simply went to build settings and made a build ... apparently the errors were caused by not having any build made .

Hey GiL, I found a couple errors with the ORK Editor Window...

Unity Version 2017.1.0f3 / ORK version 2.14.1

I imported my ork project from ORK version 2.12 into 2.14.1
    everything loaded fine, I can go in game with no problems or errors.
    When I went to ORK Window > Menus > HUDs > Open in GUI Editor

I got this error for Combatant type HUD:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.Group.get_Leader ()

I got these errors from ToolTip Type HUD (crashes ork window):

ORKFramework.Group.get_Leader ()

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

ORKFramework.TooltipHUDContent.ShowWindow ()

Post edited by tribbles on
  • edited November 2017
    Hi GiL,

I just added ORK version 2.14.1 with Unity 5.6.1f1. When I load Window > ORK Framework, I stumbled upon this error
    TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEngine.ImageConversion' from assembly 'ORKFrameworkEditor'.
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKNodeEditor..ctor (ORKFramework.Editor.NodeChange add, ORKFramework.Editor.NodeChange remove)
    ORKFramework.Editor.FormulasTab..ctor ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.GameSection..ctor ()
    ORKFramework.Editor.ORKEditorWindow.OnGUI ()
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    EDIT
    I installed Unity 2017.2.0f3 and not it is working well
    Post edited by finalwind on
  • edited November 2017
    You probably had the Unity 2017.1 version instead of the Unity 5.6 version - downloading in the Asset Store with your Unity version should give you the correct one, but they may have an issue there ...

Anyway, I'd recommend using 2017.1, as 2017.2 has a (Unity) bug that'll cause the Name text fields in the ORK editor to lose focus when typing in them.
    I can send you the version for 5.6 if you can't get it in the asset store, I'd need your order number (send it to contact@orkframework.com) for that :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • In latest Ork framework. The character seems to be restarting run animation when moving on grid. So after like half a second animation will restart on grid movement.
    When running outside of grid (Character controller, mouse control) character runs normally and the run animation is looping fully.