• Not fixed yet - still on my to-do list :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited May 2017
    All good with 2.11.2 with the game crashes, but the menus still flashing (again when my hp regenerates etc. when i equip an item with +HP) (saw that its on the release notes thats why i mention it again). And to be specific, the Name boxes are flashing (like it focus/unfocuses the menu screen)

Also another "issue" after upgrading is that the choice paddings are upper than the actual button (icon), is there is something new on 2.11 and i should just re adjust the choice paddings or something else? This happens in the inventory for example in the test project you have, that has TABS, moving the box paddings fixed it though
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • edited June 2017
    Is there a way to have in the inventory the choice button also for empty slots? so i have the grid type inventory? Also I m trying to change the rect transform of the image so i can fit it inside the button that i want it to be bigger, on runtime i m able to do it from Canvas etc. but cannot find where to change the Image (icon) and not the whole choice which includes the button.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • No, that's not possible (empty slots as buttons).
    Icons/images in texts are displayed using their actual size.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2017
    Ok thank you, I m not opening other thread about UI stuff and I ll post them here so:

1) Is it possible after clicking on an Item inside an Item Box to automatically pick it up to inventory, instead of dragging it to it.

2) I notice is that when I drag/drop items from inventory to equipment menu, sometimes I have the same item dragged around even though I m not pressing the mouse button and the item already is equipped, so I have to click in an empty space to stop the dragging of the icon. (Again you can check that in the same test project I have sent you a while back.)

3) I try to have information in inventory or character menu screen, and it doesn't let me have this information in the same GUI Box, so, for example, I cannot have the name in the character menu, or gold information in inventory.

4) trying to have a crafting box, I choose the Same GUI Box for type and recipe, and everything works fine, what I would like to have is when I m in a recipe and I press a button from the Type Craft, to automatically leave the recipe and go back in the type I pressed.

5) trying to have sliders (Always at New UI), but when the area of sliding is small, the slide component stretches, any way to have it at a normal size and just having a faster up/down movement?

https://postimg.org/image/tx2b4z3nl/

6) And finally, I m having an enemy HUD setup perfectly, but I would like to not zoom in screen as I go away, and also to only view selected combatants HUD (its above their head), is it possible? Because now I see the HP of the enemies from miles away.

Sorry for all these questions but I really put effort before I post here.

Thank you once again.
    Post edited by dlevel on
  • 1) Yes, that's actually the default behaviour. Unless you've enabled Select First in the choice settings of the used GUI box, you should already be able to click on the choice to collect an item.

2) You probably started a click-drag, e.g. double clicking on a choice. If you don't want this functionality, disable Enable Clicking in the different menu screens.

3) Each menu part is for a different purpose, so there's no option to display e.g. items and combatant info in the same part/box.

4) That's currently not possible.

5) That's not really managed by ORK, as ORK just creates whatever prefab you've defined - i.e. if it's possible, it'll need to be handled by the prefab and the used components on it.

6) I don't think that's currently possible, will look into it.
  • OK thank you GIL, please let me know about 6 when you have time because I don't seem to find any other way to have HP Hud over enemies head right now, even a manual way would be ok for me, there is 2 ways solutions, either show them only when an enemy is selected, or only after x amount of meters away, now i can see huds all over across the map.

Thank you!
  • There'll be an option to limit individual combatant HUDs by range to the player in the next update, hope that helps :)
  • you are awesome.
  • Hello GIL,

The problem I describe in my 3rd post in this thread (with the video) still occurs, even though I saw a fix on your 2.12 release notes.

To remind you the problem, when I equip something that changes the HP for example of the player, the menu flashes every time the hp updates (till it reaches the max), this causes the menu screen to lose focus and sometimes when you drag-drop something, doesn't work.

You also have my test project that it occurred too as you found out (your last post in page 1 of this thread).

Thank you.
  • Haha damn every update I see something is fixing about the flashing on UI and I think here we are!! But! This bug I found is furious and lasts for over 3 updates :P so yeah, still having the same issue described in previous post :)))
  • I'm confident to have this solved in the next update :D
  • Perfection :D
  • Well ... not solving the actual issue (i.e. flashing when the menu is updated due to changes), still can't find a solution for this ... rather preventing the menus from updating when there's no need (e.g. equipment menu part only needs to update when equipment changes, not when a status value changes).
  • Well that sounds ok if I understood correctly, because the problem is when dragging items from inventory to equipment menus, so if they don't flash then we don't have the problem of sometimes equipment not accepted in the equipment part.