edited October 2017 in ORK Support
Hi, I practically after one and a half years of messing around with my game, off and on, I receive an error now that prevents me from playing the preview game, and I cannot build that game. Also, my daytime pro water works, but my nighttime pro water just went solid white.

EDIT: Something is wrong with my project. I just created a new project and it compiled fine. It is not my unity installation.

EDIT; I just deleted every script in my game assets folder. there are no scripts in my game other than Ork and Standard assets. And I still have the red error. The only yellow warnings I get are about Standard Assets and the red error I pasted below. The yellow messages are all about obsolete parts of the scripts in Standard Assets. I am using Unity 5. 3.4 and I cannot upgrade or my scenes and assets break. Edit: I just deleted all of the yellow errored scripts in Standard Unity Assets. So there are zero scripts in my project, still the red error. Is there a way to stop Unity from "compiling scripts" as soon as it loads? That is when I got the error, when it started doing that.

My game built and worked when I had just a few assets, so I got confident and added all of the assets back, now I get the error again and I can't use my game. I just rebuilt like 40 percent of my game scenes in many hours. Now I don't know what to delete, because I have so many assets. As soon as I delete one major asset, it does not work. Then I have to delete another, and another, until my project is almost empty. Please let me know what I can do if anyone knows. Please.

Here is the error,

BCE0011: An error occurred during the execution of the step 'UnityScript.Steps.PreProcess': 'Arg_InsufficientSpace
Parameter name: chars'.

I googled it and tried to do what they said, and it has not worked. I tried rebooting pc, reinstalling unity, ork and all my assets. I tried running unity as administrator. I am afraid I am going to have to add one asset at a time and press the build button, which could take a month.

edit: i just tried shutting off windows defender , and that did not work. I cannot double click on the error as it does not show me the offending script.

this is from the log text file.

notice at the bottom just before the error it has this.

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 255--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-UnityScript.dll
BCE0011: An error occurred during the execution of the step 'UnityScript.Steps.PreProcess': 'Arg_InsufficientSpace

-----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
-----EndCompilerOutput---------------
- Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript.dll
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-r:"C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed/UnityEditor.dll"
-i:UnityEditor
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/FlockChild.js"
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/FlockChildSound.js"
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/FlockController.js"
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/FlockWaypointTrigger.js"
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/LandingButtons.js"
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/LandingSpot.js"
"Assets/Bird Flocks/Scripts/LandingSpotController.js"
"Assets/CAVESYSTEM/Unity Tech/Water FX Pack/Scripts/ScrollUV.js"
Assets/CHARACTERS/CartoonMonsters/CartoonCreatures_rotateThis.js
"Assets/DUNGEON RAEL STUDIOS/CATHEDRAL EDITION/SCRIPTS/SLIDDING_DOORS2.js"
"Assets/DUNGEON RAEL STUDIOS/GIBS ADV DUNGEON KIT/SCRIPTS/SLIDDING_DOORS.js"
"Assets/DesertEnvironment/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/PlatformInputController.js"
"Assets/Dungeon Levers/Scripts/LoopAnimation.js"
"Assets/Fantasy Megapack/Src/TriPlanarTerrain/Scripts/TriPlanarTerrainScript.js"
"Assets/Fantasy Megapack/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/ThirdPersonCamera.js"
"Assets/Fantasy Megapack/Standard Assets/Character Controllers/Sources/Scripts/ThirdPersonController.js"
Assets/Fantasy_Village_01/Common/Scripts/CloudDomeScript.js
Assets/Fantasy_Village_01/Common/Scripts/copyterrainmap.js
Assets/Fantasy_Village_01/Common/Scripts/runmill.js
"Assets/HEROIC FANTASY CREATURES FULL PACK Vol 2/DEATH_SKULL/LookAtCamera.js"
Assets/Monster/scripts/attacksounds.js
Assets/Monster/scripts/breakable.js
Assets/Monster/scripts/breakparts.js
Assets/Monster/scripts/cameraRoot1.js
Assets/Monster/scripts/footsounds.js
Assets/Monster/scripts/mace.js
Assets/Monster/scripts/playrandomsound.js
"Assets/Monster/scripts/wait&destroy.js"
"Assets/OnQ Nature Pack 1 v2/Resources Demo/Scripts/ObjectRenderSorting.js"
"Assets/OnQ Nature Pack 1 v2/Resources Demo/Terrain/Demoscene/ats vertexLitShader Package/Script/setupVertexLitShaderV2.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/FT_MagicEffect_vol3/Script/DeadTime.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/FT_MagicEffect_vol3/Script/SampleSceneGUI.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/FT_MagicEffect_vol3/Script/StopCAM.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/FT_MagicEffect_vol3/Script/VisibleBG.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/FT_MagicEffects_volume01/Script/DeadTime2.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/MagicalFx2/script/RotatingZone.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/MagicalFx2/script/Script_missile.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/MagicalFx2/script/script_missile_Launcher.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_AntiTransRimShaderInOut.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_TransRimShaderFader.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_TransRimShaderInOut.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_TransRimShaderIrisator.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_UVScroller.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_destroyThisTimed.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_effectCaster.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_materialAlphaFader.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_materialColorRandomizer.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_moveThis.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_prefabGenerator.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_randoMMoveInBox.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_randomRotation.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_randomScale.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_rotateThis.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_stohasticArrowMovement.js"
"Assets/SPELL EFFECTS/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_trailFade.js"
Assets/SPELLS-InteractiveDemo/Scripts/MPSceneSelect.js
Assets/SPELLS-InteractiveDemo/Scripts/RotateParticles.js
Assets/SPELLS-InteractiveDemo/Scripts/sceneController.js
"Assets/Tropical_nature_pack/shaders/vertexLitShader Package/Script/setupVertexLitShader.js"
"Assets/Undead Knight/sharedassets0.asset"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Dynamic Snow/DynamicSnow_JS.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Player Vitals/PlayerVitalsExample_JS.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Save and Load UniStorm Data/SavePlayerData_JS.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Spawn Player OnStart/GetUniStormComponents_JS.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Timed Event/UniStormTimeEventExample.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/UniStorm Clock/UniStorm_Clock_JS.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Examples/Weather Zone/WeatherZoneExample_JS.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Helpers/RenderBehind.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Helpers/RenderBehindMoon 2.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Helpers/RenderBehindMoon.js"
"Assets/UniStorm (Desktop)/Scripts (Desktop)/UniStorm Systems/UniStormWeatherSystem_JS.js"
"Assets/Wizards Hill/Decals/DecalSettings.js"
"Assets/medieval world construction/RainAssets/scripts/findcollideparticles.js"
"Assets/medieval world construction/RainAssets/scripts/rotater.js"
Assets/spellsCamelotVFX_SpellFX_Volume1/Scripts/Cycler.js
Assets/spellsCamelotVFX_SpellFX_Volume1/Scripts/MouseOrbit.js

-----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 255--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-UnityScript.dll

-----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
-----EndCompilerOutput---------------
- Finished compile Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-UnityScript.dll

Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • edited October 2017
    When was the last time it worked? Did you add any new asset from the store? That will sometimes cause errors.

To add . . . you should uninstall some nonessential assets to trouble shoot. mainly the most resent ones you may have just added.
    Post edited by gameintern on

• Ok thank you for helping. I will just start all over again, yet it did work when I had only just the basic and older assets and a few of my oldest scenes. Thanks. I'm going to take it very slow and test compile every few assets to see if I get an error. Thanks again, if not for your reply, I might not have thought of what I am about to do.

You all are great on this forum, and GiL for sure.
  • Anytime! Its great that you are working on your project ...don't give up! :) It will get hard but make sure you plan out your game and you will be fine!

cheers!

• How big is your harddrive and how much space do you have left on it?
    This, Arg_InsufficientSpace, seems like Unity didn't have enough temp space to perform the build.
  • edited October 2017
    I am starting to think that too. I have a 1 terabyte harddrive with a lot of stuff on it so I have about 148 gigs (gb) left on the C drive. That I am using to build the game. It will be more like 200 gb once I finish emptying my recycle bin in a minute. Either way, if I get the error again I am going to delete some large unnecessary things that I have in the cloud anyway. Thanks for the idea.
    Post edited by silverglade1 on
  • 150gb is more than enough to build your game
  • Ok thanks dlevel. I have 200 gb now just after cleaning up some junk. Having all these problems with my game actually made it better. LOL> I had to remake a lot of the scenes' terrain, lighting and textures. They got deleted upon reimporting the scene to a new project. I also deleted a lot of unused junk in my assets folder, A few gigs worth . So hopefully I won't get the error again. I just added like 85% of my assets back into the game and built the game with no error. So I am just adding bit by bit, next comes creatures, and spells. Then it is good to go back to work on it regularly. Lot of work to do, because most of the work comes from making the game great, not by building a nice looking scene. I especially wrote part of a storyline, a full one, but coming up with the scenes in between the start and finish are hard. I looked at lord of the rings, i might look at star wars technique. Star wars has a pretty compelling scene by scene flow.