edited September 2017 in ORK Support
I have a set of about 50 monsters, that the player can get. Some of them I want to be upgradeable, but I would like to discuss with more experienced people what would be the best process to achieve it via simple buttons.

Let's say I want to upgrade my monster once it reaches level 20. I want to click on "Upgrade" button in his screen and then thought about event that checks for combatant and replaces the level 20 with level 1 new higher grade monster in the player party.

But as my monsters will increase over the months, the "Check combatant" node will have to get 100 checks in one simple event. I'm kinda missing some variable to recognize monster and then give the player his higher grade monster.

Conditional prefabs probably won't help me, because every monster can be dropped numerous times and that changes the prefabs of all combatants.

Can you help me out please?

Regards,

Machal
Post edited by Machal on
  • edited September 2017
    Conditional prefabs only change the prefabs of those combatants that have valid conditions (e.g. level 20).

Anyway, you could use object variables to mark monsters that can be upgraded, so you'd only have to check for that variable (e.g. a bool variable) and the level.
    In the combatant's Object Variable Settings, enable Use Object Variables and Local Variables. Add the variable change that should mark the combatant as upgradeable (e.g. set a bool variable upgradeable to true).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2017
    Got your point, however, I will probably have to specify different variable for every combatant, otherwise, it will upgrade all of them who meets the conditions.

But still, there has to be upgradable only the currently active combatant selected in the menu.

So what if player got 3 of the same kind, all of them level 20? He needs to upgrade only the one he clicks the "Upgrade" button on.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • edited September 2017
    When displaying your combatant using HUD elements (e.g. in a HUD or Combatant menu part), you can use the Global Event click type in a HUD element to fire a global event using the combatant as the starting object - in that event, you could perform the upgrade (e.g. setting an object variable on the combatant, which could be used by the conditional prfabs).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited October 2017
    Hmm, but I need to upgrade the combatant to a combatant with different Status Development. The "conditional prefabs" are just cosmetic things.

Trying to do it with a game event that triggers from the Combatant Menu. However, I'm getting stuck with defining who is the "Actor". Player only works when party leader is the one suitable for upgrade...Member can't work with that...Object- don't know how this can work, I don't spawn any prefabs in the menu screen, just combatant portraits. And the others didn't work for me.

Edit: I was able to solve it with putting any selected member in the menu screen as a leader and then click on "upgrade" button which searched for desired combatant. Not the solution I wanted, but whatever.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • The combatant used to start a global event is used as the Event Object, i.e. actor type Object with Event Object enabled. That way you can check that combatant, add a new combatant to the group and remove the combatant from the group.
  • edited October 2017
    This isn't a combatant starting the global event. It's only his Icon in Menu Screen and him being a Menu User. But it's purely just Menu. It doesn't work with Event Object.

I should probably let you know, that the player itself isn't spawned. The Spawn ID is -1.

It's a similar thing like when I tried to spawn a combatant into the scene just by clicking on his Menu Icon from the Group, like a year ago. Wanted to have like his 3D model turning around in a fancy Character Info. You wrote me that's not possible.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Machal said: Trying to do it with a game event that triggers from the Combatant Menu. However, I'm getting stuck with defining who is the "Actor". Player only works when party leader is the one suitable for upgrade...Member can't work with that...Object- don't know how this can work, I don't spawn any prefabs in the menu screen, just combatant portraits. And the others didn't work for me.
    I was refering to this - if you're using an icon or button to start an event in a menu screen, that's a global event.

Anyway, 3D models in portraits are possible since ORK 2.13.0, so about 2 months.
  • edited October 2017
    I believe I have 2.13.0.

Hmm, I've checked it, it's using the render texture and a prefab. So I can link it in the portrait menu and it will automatically spawn in the scene on to every specific Menu Screen User?
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Yes - the general prefab view settings can be found in Menus > Menu Settings (at the bottom). For a combatant's portrait to use a prefab, you'd just have to enable Use Prefab View.

More details can be found in this how-to.
  • Nice, this was a long awaited feature. Thanks!